The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why can't the Canucks play with heart like the Leafs?

RAMBUTANS

I mean, I hate the damn Laffs.

But why do they stick around like gum to your shoe? They have a 2nd-tier goalie, their goalie tandem is light years away from Luo and Red.

Their team is no where near the Canucks' calibre. They are also a small team. But why in the world do they play like there is a reason?

I expected the Big Bad Bruins, Bostonstrong to roll over them 4-0. But why the heck are they still here?

Why didn't the Canucks played like them?

Why? Why? Why?

It gets on my nerves how a lot of Canucks fans diss the Maple leafs and call them the laffs etc... I mean who the hell are Nucks fans to talk? This team has no cup in over 40 years and they are in no position to look down on anyone. Canuck fans need to learn to STFU. The day the Canuck actually win a cup, if ever, then they can start mocking or talking down, but until then just can it. They need to get over themselves and stop thinking their team is super elite or something. Making the play-offs and winning the division and the presidents trophy doesn't mean s**t. Just getting this off my chest.

I don't get it... There are other teams that are also playing well yet you single out the leafs. Why is that? How about making these threads now:

Why can't we play like the Senators?

Why can't we play like the Capitals?

Why can't we play like the Kings?

It's simple, their hearts were broke during the bruins and honestly they are not close to recovery....

If I was a player and went through what the team had to deal with in terms of the awful referring, injuries and abuse.... I'm honestly not certain I'd want to endure the same treatment again...

Also the poor referring has gotten worse which would cause any player to lose any motivation they could have....

There is so much talk about fixing the system so players don't endure concussions, injuries and so on, yet the same system does not give a damn about the psychological state of the players due to awful officiating.... Just plain awful... We didn't deserve to win the SJ series bit maybe with proper officiating the result could have been somewhat more rewarding in a few ways.

Now to answer the op's answer, Toronto hasa set of new players which happens to be part of their core group and they have not experiences the god awful officiating.... Also NHL is making some big $ having Toronto in the playoffs vs the bruins.... They most likely want Toronto to win for the revenue that city provides since they haven't been to ant playoffs in the past 9 years....

It gets on my nerves how a lot of Canucks fans diss the Maple leafs and call them the laffs etc... I mean who the hell are Nucks fans to talk? This team has no cup in over 40 years and they are in no position to look down on anyone. Canuck fans need to learn to STFU. The day the Canuck actually win a cup, if ever, then they can start mocking or talking down, but until then just can it. They need to get over themselves and stop thinking their team is super elite or something. Making the play-offs and winning the division and the presidents trophy doesn't mean s**t. Just getting this off my chest.

A decade of pent up energy.

The Leafs/Bruins series is being decided by the players, 5 on 5.

The Bruins are absolutely hapless.

I'm loving it. I hope the Leafs bring all their enthusiasm tomorrow and finish the comeback.

Franson and Frattin, 2-1 Leafs again.

if the nux are out of the playoffs, no matter which team it is, i will always cheers for a canadian team over an american team......and if all the canadian teams are out of the playoffs, i will always cheer for any team other than boston or chicago......and if the last 2 teams playing are boston and chicago, i will watch basketball!

Archived