The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why can't the Canucks play with heart like the Leafs?

RAMBUTANS

It gets on my nerves how a lot of Canucks fans diss the Maple leafs and call them the laffs etc... I mean who the hell are Nucks fans to talk? This team has no cup in over 40 years and they are in no position to look down on anyone. Canuck fans need to learn to STFU. The day the Canuck actually win a cup, if ever, then they can start mocking or talking down, but until then just can it. They need to get over themselves and stop thinking their team is super elite or something. Making the play-offs and winning the division and the presidents trophy doesn't mean s**t. Just getting this off my chest.

I mean, I hate the damn Laffs.

But why do they stick around like gum to your shoe? They have a 2nd-tier goalie, their goalie tandem is light years away from Luo and Red.

Their team is no where near the Canucks' calibre. They are also a small team. But why in the world do they play like there is a reason?

I expected the Big Bad Bruins, Bostonstrong to roll over them 4-0. But why the heck are they still here?

Why didn't the Canucks played like them?

Why? Why? Why?

K, some of you aren't going to like this but....

It's the swedish connection. All those years when the Leafs were an absolute joke, who was their captain? And when did their fortunes finally start to turn around? About the time MG gave Sundin the sweetest kiss goodbye in canucks history.

And Captain Choke here in van never accomplished a damned thing and we end up raissing his jersey to the rafters, now we have Captain Choke v2.0. Take a look at the legacy left by Naslund and you will find the answer to the question you pose.

Sorry, ladies, truth hurts.

No heart=no success.

What really annoyed me about the Canucks this year was that first game of the playoffs against the Sharks on home ice...It resembled a regular season game..It was inexcusable to let another team come into Rogers Arena and take precedence like that (exactly the same as last year against LA)....After that game,they said all the right things,and had to win game two,and eventually boiled in their own juices...Watching the other series resembled 'playoff ' hockey,unlike the Canucks who I feel almost 'threw' that game away.

K, some of you aren't going to like this but....

It's the swedish connection. All those years when the Leafs were an absolute joke, who was their captain? And when did their fortunes finally start to turn around? About the time MG gave Sundin the sweetest kiss goodbye in canucks history.

And Captain Choke here in van never accomplished a damned thing and we end up raissing his jersey to the rafters, now we have Captain Choke v2.0. Take a look at the legacy left by Naslund and you will find the answer to the question you pose.

Sorry, ladies, truth hurts.

No heart=no success.

Leafs drafted well and iced a competitive ahl team. Where is the Chicago wolves? Out of the playoffs; weakest cupboard we have in years and guess where the team is at? Swept.

Would of been nice to see Bozak, frattin, kadri, Franson in Canuck unis for luongo right about now...

Because they play like a team not individuals . Also it's the first time in 9 years they've been in the playoffs so they playing their b@lls off because it's all new. Boston is a good matchup for them , their both big physical teams. The Nucks don't do well against those kinds of teams.

Archived