The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guys! Burrows and Bieksa MUST be traded.

Burrows and Bieksa are without a doubt fantastic canucks. However, package them up and the Canucks could revamp Keslers line with a player like Simmonds and a very valuable prospect or high pick. With Corrado coming in Bieksa becomes expendable. If M.G. manages to sign UFA Clarkson then Burrows is replaced with tougher/grittier version of Burrows. Hopefully, M.G. can swing a deal, Loungo for a big, young, fast center to play with Kassian and Higgins. Sign Valterri Flippula to play with Kesler and Simmonds. Thoughts...

I would definitely package them if I could get a young, substantial, top 6 forward. That said, Simmonds isn't that guy (more of a fringe tweener) and is not really an upgrade on Burrows.

Burrows and Bieksa are without a doubt fantastic canucks. However, package them up and the Canucks could revamp Keslers line with a player like Simmonds and a very valuable prospect or high pick. With Corrado coming in Bieksa becomes expendable. If M.G. manages to sign UFA Clarkson then Burrows is replaced with tougher/grittier version of Burrows. Hopefully, M.G. can swing a deal, Loungo for a big, young, fast center to play with Kassian and Higgins. Sign Valterri Flippula to play with Kesler and Simmonds. Thoughts...

More like Booth and Ballard...

But there's no way MG would trade Burrows before his new contract even kicks in. And Bieksa could be traded, but he's a big part of the leadership so I bet we keep him too. It's not like it's easy to find a replacement. Corrado doesn't make him expendable either.

I believe Bieska should be traded. He is overpaid. As for Burrows take him off the sedin line and see how he does. As for MG signing Clarkson or someone please no look at his signings. Horrible. Better he makes some trades that include some young talent or some leadership. I find it kinda funny people saying Bieska has leadership, how many bad penalies does he take when we need to score at key times. I am sure we have enough talent on defence to make a move for him. I see the logic in trading Burrows while his value is high but he is what our team needs.

My thoughts on trading Burrows;

Alex is 32 years now, with a 4 year contract stating this year, with a cap hit of 4.5 million per season. Is that really what you want to be paying a winger at this age? Although I love what Burr has done for the Canucks over the years, I love the Canucks way more than one individual player. To change the dynamics of this team, there must be hard decisions made to players we love. Burrows is one of the few with a no trade clause before July 1st. The other is Edler.

One question I have, can we really trust Gillis to make any good trades???????????

Too many fans are inlove with Burrows and Bieksa. Who do you guys wish to trade that would give us a significant piece returning back? 2 first round exits. That should be enough to consider trading some of our core for better players. If you guys don't want to trade anyone then what the hell? You think Corrado or a Kassian would fetch us a top 6 winger? Atleast entertain the idea of trading Burrows or Bieksa to prove to the team that management is commited to winning and that these sacrifices has to be done for the better of the team.

Archived