The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler switching gears - knee on knee on Staal at the World's

Socrates

I feel bad for players who get hurt during international play

They've had long seasons and are looking forward to having the summer off so that they can recuperate and then start working on their conditioning for next season. A serious injury suffered in such a quick tournament can really throw a wrench into their plans and can set them back for all of next season

Edler is actually watching the puck right before it happens .. Wether or not he meant to do it is a moot point .. only he really knows the truth .. but if someone had done that to one of our boys w'ed be pissed .. intentional or not .. there must be responsibilty for your actions on the ice , and edler should be disciplined .. all this stuff about trading him cause hes a bum is completely ridiculous .. I have told so many people that the fans in vancouver really know their hockey, but when I read crap like this it makes me wonder if was an idiot to believe so .. trust me , you could do a hell of a lot worse than alex elder .. If you get a great return { and i mean GREAT ] then do what you need to do , but if not , then some of you folks would make a worse gm than mike gillis himself ..

All the Edler lovers hide after his brutal show in the play-offs, and like clockwork the cavalry rides in to the front line when he does something blatantly stupid.

If Edler was trying to check him, his stick would be near the ice and near the puck. Not on the complete opposite side of the body.

If Edler was trying to hit him open ice, he'd have done it like we all know he can.

Instead, Edler skated by, completely oblivious to the play at hand.

His intention moving into the play could have been anything, but he made no attempt to make a hockey play, nor did he attempt to avoid contact when he knew it was coming.

oh so u played in the NHL and iihf?

If edler plays as dirty as Pronger or Stevens he'll be vancouver favourite. Stop bitching about him playing dirty... its nnot like its costing us a game. What does cost us games is his weak ass performances when he doesn't hit to hurt.

Didn't make much effort to get out the way. Did he go out there looking to take someone out? Definitely not but regardless of how fast the game is, he has to at least make an effort to get out the way.

Edler needs to take the summer off and properly work on his game. Hasn't been himself for over a year now....

And Voynov succeeded because he was given a big role and lots of ice. We have Tanev waiting to do just that, and Corrado looked like a very steady defencmen in the playoffs. We also have Hamhuis coming off another good year and Garrison finished awesome. We won't be lost without Edler.

Archived