The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler switching gears - knee on knee on Staal at the World's

Socrates

Careless, but not intentional. Looks like he goes to hit Staal in the shoulder, Staal dips his body out of the way but his leg's still in the way and Edler catches him full on with the knee. Definitely an avoidable play if Edler had come in with better body position... its not a vicious play, but careless for sure.

Although I must say its hilarious to see people using this as an excuse to bash on Edler. What's even funnier is seeing posters calling him terrible all year long, then saying we can trade him for a top-6 forward - that would imply that you're aware he has a lot of value, no? I think he's just been misused here as of late. Being given too many minutes, played in situations he shouldn't be in, missing Ehrhoff as well. Not to mention when you have a major surgery like he did, the ailment doesn't always get healed completely. What's up with him, I don't know, but all of you dismissing him as "terrible" are being extremely narrow-minded.

This is exactly the problem for us in particular. Edler has decent skill and great tools but unfortunately has no hockey sense. He needs someone like Salo or a team that isn't demanding so much of him right now. In the right situation he can succeed but the current core doesn't have the ability to coax him along.

Normally it would be ideal to add what is needed to compliment him but this team's prospect pool is such garbage that this isn't even an option :lol: . Nevermind the roster itself. Who is going to bring something back decent that we can afford to trade? Raymond? lol.

Who cares! Would u not respect pronger or chara on our team? As long as the player helps the team then it doesn't matter how.

Not comparing Edy to chara n prongs but comparing the dirty action... fans will love u if u make them win. The more opposition fans hate u the better.

Edler hasn't looked right since his herniated disc surgery in his back. Trade him while you can still get some value for him.

Wow I've never seen him so angry. It looked like it was a hit that was reckless. He wanted to hit him but it seemed like in the end he just stuck his leg out to get a piece of him.

Wonder where this aggressive Edler has been all this time since his game 1 of the Kings series in 2010 when he was a man possessed and hitting everything that moved.

It really looks to me like he shifted his weight onto his left leg, pulled his right leg in (presumably to try and avoid contact) and it's Staal who hangs his leg out. Could he have done more to avoid it? Probably. Is it Bryan Marchment level dirty? Hell no.

Archived