The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's time for change...... "C"

Snake Doctor

A letter on a jersey won't make a damn difference. This team needs a personnel change if we ever want to go far in the playoffs again. And to those saying Kesler should be the captain, he was a non factor against the sharks except for game 2. Every game he was all like "this is a must win game" but at the end of the day it was all talk. That's all Kesler is; talk.

Take the C away from an Art Ross trophy winner and runner up for the Hart trophy first line player and give it to an often injured second line player who has won no awards, had one 40 goal season his whole career, a career diver in the eyes of officials....

What are you guys smoking?

Let Henrik keep the C of give it to a more mature and sturdy player like Hammer

I would only want to see kesler as C after a couple years of no bs.... and when i say bs i mean blatant dives. not sedin dive i am talking full out kesler dives if he can stop that for a couple years and prove he is a legit player and leader.. then sure but i don't see him being a captain for several years. would rather see Mr. garrison as captain .

Take the C away from an Art Ross trophy winner and runner up for the Hart trophy first line player and give it to an often injured second line player who has won no awards, had one 40 goal season his whole career, a career diver in the eyes of officials....

What are you guys smoking?

Let Henrik keep the C of give it to a more mature and sturdy player like Hammer

hank brings sweden to the championship game. there's more than just a 'captain' this team is missing

there's really nothing stopping from other guys on the team from stepping up and showing some 'leadership' whether they have a letter on their jersey or not

I agree.

Gillis stripped the 'C' off of Luongo's jersey and to me that was a disgrace that created confusion and dissent.

Don't do it twice to the team.

Kesler is a team leader,has an 'A' on his jersey and if he is around when Hank retires he will be considered to wear the 'C'.

Hank is captain until he's no longer a Canuck.

This crap is so redundant. How many threads have we seen questioning his captaincy.

If folks didn't wake up last year when he was railroaded by Brown, to return to the same game and dominate, then they'll never see what Hank is made of.

The biggest disgrace in this franchise's history, bar none, was taking the "C" from as true Canuck as there ever was, as much the identity of this franchise as anyone who ever wore the V or C, and giving it to a potato chip peddlar.

Puke.

How anyone is dissatisfied with Hank as captain is just mind blowing.

You want him being the ambassador, and the organization did right by choosing him.

He was bred by 4 different Canuck captains.

His excellence is a nod to them.

Kind of embarrassing that this thread exists.

You want him being the ambassador, and the organization did right by choosing him.

No, I like that our Canuck Captain leads with maturity, stability, humility, and class, qualities that Kesler could use a little more of. I like the passion Kesler plays with on the ice, but his "chip on the shoulder" attitude, which may add to his competitiveness, may be hard for some teammates to aspire to.

Archived