The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's time for change...... "C"

Snake Doctor

More embarrassing to learn that Hank was "bred' by 4 other captains :bigblush: .

THere's no arguing that Hank is mature, classy etc, however, it is not a nice memory or an inspiring moment to see your captain sitting on the ground, hugging the leg of a SJS D-man who is pushing his head into the ice repeatedly. Can't imaging anyone doing that to Dustin Brown, Joe Thornton, Z Chara, Backes etc.

Hockey is a testosterone filled, macho sport and the ability to intimidate and physically dominate is a huge part of success. Having a captain that won't hit, won't go to the tough areas, gets pushed around and punched without retaliating and who plays a finnesse/perimeter style of hockey is not only uninspiring but also inneffective, especially in the NHL playoffs.

I firmly believe Hank's teammates like and respect his leadership. I also believe having to do the heavy lifting for a captain that gets preferred on-ice starts and is not required to do the dirty jobs is a reason the team has trouble raising its compete level.

seeing hank in the world championships, his dominance on the PP ... his overall play and leadership has made it evident to me that you have to be on crack cocaine to strip him of captaincy

Kesler played 1 period of good hockey in a four game series. STOP CROWNING HIM AS GOD

Archived