The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Name That Canuck!

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbling over some old hockey magazines. Whose prospect report is this:

So close yet so far away. Considered a can't-miss prospect when drafted [...] multiple injuries have wreaked havonc on XYZ's development. A neat puck carrier and smart playmaker, he has the skills to play in the NHL but has seemingly been embroiled in a wrong place, wrong time scenario.

2 hours ago, joe-max said:

Stumbling over some old hockey magazines. Whose prospect report is this:

So close yet so far away. Considered a can't-miss prospect when drafted [...] multiple injuries have wreaked havonc on XYZ's development. A neat puck carrier and smart playmaker, he has the skills to play in the NHL but has seemingly been embroiled in a wrong place, wrong time scenario.

How about Josh Holden?

13 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

Ok that narrows it down a bit.

Nolan Baumgartner?

Yes, you got it!

How about this one:

He has a tremendous combination of size, skills, skating ability and defensive smarts. He can use his large frame to punish opponents and can log a lot of minutes on the blueline in all situations. The Canucks think he is close to stepping in, and he could jump right into their top four. He won't be rushed, though. With Jovanovski and Ohlund ahead of him, the Canucks have the luxury of letting him develop slowly. Excellent potential.

13 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Yes, you got it!

How about this one:

He has a tremendous combination of size, skills, skating ability and defensive smarts. He can use his large frame to punish opponents and can log a lot of minutes on the blueline in all situations. The Canucks think he is close to stepping in, and he could jump right into their top four. He won't be rushed, though. With Jovanovski and Ohlund ahead of him, the Canucks have the luxury of letting him develop slowly. Excellent potential.

Luc Bourdon?

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is that it isn't someone who ever played a regular season game for the Canucks (i.e., he's not one of the two all-time #55's listed in the Canucks' media guide).  That means he's very obscure and going to be challenging to identify!  However....I do have 2 training camp guides from years when the Canucks wore those uniforms, and the '92 guide has Brian Loney listed at #55 and the '95 guide has Sandy Moger.  Someone with better facial memory than me will have to decide if it's either one of those two! ;)

Edit:  Now having looked at Hockey DB, my best guess would be Sandy Moger.

• 4 months later...