The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks granted permission to talk to Eakins

Easton76

According to TSNs Dreger,,the Canucks are intersested in Gulutzan,,,former Dallas coach...whats the feelings on this,,personally I dont think he will satisfy the masses, regardless how good he is..

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Glen Gulutzan is among the stable of coaches that the Vancouver Canucks have interest in.

Gulutzan was fired on May 14 after two seasons as head coach of the Dallas Stars. He compiled a record of 64-57-9 in his first NHL head coaching job, and his team missed the playoffs in both of his seasons behind the bench.

The Canucks have been looking for a new bench boss since dismissing Alain Vigneault after being swept in the first round by the San Jose Sharks.

Interestingly, reports surfaced last week that the Stars may have interest in Vigneault for their coaching position.

After the hiring of Patrick Roy by the Avalanche last week, the Stars and Canucks are the only two clubs that currently have head coaching vacancies.

According to TSNs Dreger,,the Canucks are intersested in Gulutzan,,,former Dallas coach...whats the feelings on this,,personally I dont think he will satisfy the masses, regardless how good he is..

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Glen Gulutzan is among the stable of coaches that the Vancouver Canucks have interest in.

Gulutzan was fired on May 14 after two seasons as head coach of the Dallas Stars. He compiled a record of 64-57-9 in his first NHL head coaching job, and his team missed the playoffs in both of his seasons behind the bench.

The Canucks have been looking for a new bench boss since dismissing Alain Vigneault after being swept in the first round by the San Jose Sharks.

Interestingly, reports surfaced last week that the Stars may have interest in Vigneault for their coaching position.

After the hiring of Patrick Roy by the Avalanche last week, the Stars and Canucks are the only two clubs that currently have head coaching vacancies.

I think the Canucks are just being thorough. They'll likely interview every potential candidate. I don't think that means Gulutzan will actually be the coach though.

They need to start interviewing coaches now before other teams start to make moves. They should have their number 1 option selected before the playoffs end, and unless anything changes as far as other teams firing coaches, then they should make the hire.

Because great assistant coaches can't wait in the wings forever. I don't know anything about this guy but if he's paid his dues and put in great work as an assistant then he deserves a chance at a head-coaching job if he wants to.

If the Sedins can't take that kind of "call to accountability..." then they should damned well be traded. F-bombs were dropped in the NYR locker-room because Torts was pissed off. This is Stanley Cup hockey; not the regular season. You make a mistake on the ice, it's going to end up magnified (meaning the puck is going to end up in the back of your net!) I remember accounts of Pat Quinn breaking a hockey stick because he was so ticked off at the lack of accountability on the crappy play of the Canucks team and ran the team into the ground during practice because he was sick of them making plays that ended up costing them the game. And THAT was the year they got motivated enough that they went to the Stanley Cup Final!

Archived