The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UPDATED: Keith gets one game suspension...thoughts?

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those saying it was accidental or incidental contact...look at the above video again and notice where Keith is looking as he swings. He's intentionally targeting Carter's head. That's where he's looking and that's where he swings his stick at. The only thing he's sorry for is the momentary lapse that led him to do it.

This. Highly doubt Shanahan would ban these plays when Carter initiated it with the whack.

Keith better look out though, if they weren't already the big Kings forwards'll be looking to get a good licking on him physically next game for the potentially dangerous play.

Accident. Went for shoulder but still suspensnion worthy. I'm sure Hansen and Rome are sorry for their suspenions they had. But saying sorry doesn't mean it didn't happen!

No point to even give him a wack anyways, just put your head down and play the game...

Well, we all know what a dirty cheapshotting SOB Keith is, no offense to Shane O'Brien. But we also all know how much the league loves those headhunters in Chi-town, I'd be surprised if he got anything, it's a real double standard when it comes to this one team headhunting star players, I mean there is kind of a pattern here, so I don't expect any sort of suspension.

If Torres made the same play the NHL would suspend him from planet earth for an entire millennium.

That's a blatant and dirty play. He should be gone for the series. When you intentionally hit someone in the face with your hockey stick you deserve a stiff punishment. That's borderline assault. Especially for a repeat offender with a direct history of retaliatory penalties.

That being said, he will probably get a $500 fine.

The same guys who crucified Torres for a potential career ending blindside hit couldn't wait last night to make excuses for Keith. The only guy who had any balls was the ex-Hurricane d-man who questioned how a careless stick could reach up to 6' 7" Carter's head. Since when was 'careless' an excuse , especially, with Keith's history.

Archived