The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know I deserve to be flamed for this. Give me your hard honest opinions/thoughts. I can take it here.

Dazzle

Rey, you think marriages generally don't work because of disney movies?

Marriages don't work because people change. Because of stress. Because of money. Because one person has a stunted developmental stage, and the other doesn't. Or people become abusive (either to themselves, or to their partner), or because, as you seem to endorse, they see a younger piece of meat and act on their instincts rather than conduct themselves as a civilized and respectful person

I'm surprised Girl #1 still does all those things for you even though you had a mutual break-up. She seems to go a little above and beyond what most would do. 1) That's incredibly sweet of her and 2) She obviously has feelings for you, still. The thing is, you two have broken up already. There's nothing that says you can't meet new girls, like Girl #2. I think the only reason you're feeling guilty is you know deep down that Girl #1 still has the same feelings for you.

My advice would be to figure out what the hell you want. Do you want this seemingly great gal who has been there for you all this time or another girl whom you've recently met and have a mutual attraction towards one another? If it's the former, I would come clean about this second girl. Girl #1 sounds like a real keeper and based on what you've said, she deserves to know. If it's the latter, I would still come clean about the second girl. Even if you no longer feel the same way about Girl #1 as she does for you, it wouldn't be right if you led her on. With Girl #2 though, I would also consider if what you two have is purely a physical attraction, a common lust for each other. Cause if it's nothing more it seems like you would be losing a hell of a girl.

God bless,

Rey, you're back pedalling now.

You said personality doesn't matter and the decision should be made based on looks. And my response to that was that you'd likely get tired of a good looking girl if she had no personality.

Your statement that they could have both indicates that personality is, in fact, slightly important to you.

Honestly OP I'm not gonna flame. It's your choice what to do here, and I don't think either one is wrong if you go about it the right way. Pick which one you want. If you like the first girl that much better then just try and get back together. If not, then you need to move on and be honest with her and maybe you can still be friends. If you're honest then she may be pissed off but at least that way you doing nothing wrong.

Just what the title says, I deserve to be flamed. But I want your hard honest opinions and thoughts of me as a person.

Honestly, I feel like I need a whoop-ass at this moment in time.

I promised myself that I would never cheat and be faithful, but I did something that was pretty close to that. Worst of all, the girl is good to me - and she doesn't even know.

Am I proud of it? No.

Here's the situation - we had a mutual break-up after 1 intense year - I needed to focus on my career and she needed to grow up. We're still friends, as we promised to each other. Life was fine.

Then I met this other girl and she was totally different from the above girl and I liked her - a lot. I think I lusted her. So I started chatting up with her - and next thing you know, I felt that my emotions were confused when she told me that she was interested in me.

The first girl - she is good to me. She is so caring to me - even on my worst days. She always wants me to visit and visits me unexpectedly too. She buys me things. She doesn't judge. She loves me - I know she still does. We had some intense talk together and we always got through it like mature adults.

The second girl - she's much more playful. She's physically attractive. I haven't met her nearly as long but I feel that my heart has drifted towards her already.

I hate hate hate myself right now. I feel like I'm a cheater. I know that the first girl is good to me. We "hook up" from time to time but we care about each other, deeply. She's always texting or calling me. She's such a sweet girl.

Why do I stray away from this? I can't resist the second girl at all. I'm just a jerk.

The real question here is,

Will you be able to live without the first girl in your life? The first girl definitely has feelings for you, no doubt about it. You also have feelings for her. If you start dating the second girl, then eventually if not right away you're going to have to end the friendship with the first girl. Some girls have weird and crazy issues who can't handle their boyfriends having a girl best friend. I honestly could care less! Girl best friend, guy best friend it doesn't matter to me. Some girls are different though. I think it goes two ways,

1. You start dating the second girl. The relationship isn't going to work out because she's going to say "clearly you're not over her, why are you two still talking? I can't be in a relationship with someone who texts, calls and hangs out with his ex girlfriend"

Boom=single

Or

2. You start dating the second girl. Then the friendship isn't going to work out. Either its going to be the second girl saying "I want you to break up your friendship with <insert first girls name> because (same reasons I said in #1) and you end the friendship. Or the first girl is going to end the friendship because she won't be able to handle you and the second girl together, even if she says its okay to date other girls.

Boom=friendship over

Who knows how long this thing is going to last with the second girl. You need to think if the second girl is worth it. Is she worth losing a pretty awesome girl over? Talk to the second girl first, and see what she says. If its something she's good with, then talk to the first girl.

Girl 1 bakes the cakes, doesn't she?

As for what to do, it kind of seems like you may not have intimate feelings for girl 1. You appreciate her because she does things for you, and who wouldn't? But, is she the type of girl who you want to do all those same things for as well? You've got a conscience, you know that Girl 1 would have her heart broken if you told her you didn't love her. But, her heart broken now is better than you (or her) realizing year from now that you don't really love her anymore.

I'm not saying Girl 2 is the one for you, just that you should consider whether you feel guilty about Girl 2 because you have feelings for Girl 1, or whether you just feel guilty about Girl 2 because you are scared to break Girl 1's heart. There is a difference (IMO) between caring about someone and having intimate feelings for someone. Intimate feelings involve caring for the person, but not just on an emotional, feel bad for that person kind of level

Great posts by everyone.

I can't address them one by one but I'll write them here. I like the perspectives of everyone, including what seems to be a girl in this thread.

Girl # 2 is the one who bakes the cake, FYI. She offered to make me one.

Girl # 1, yes, she's a girl that's been there for me. Yes, we are taking a break. We're going our separate paths right now, but we promised each other that we'd stay friends.

It's awful reading what other people are saying (which I do think about too) that there is a possibility that the friendship won't last, especially when I'm "seeing another" girl. There's no time that is an appropriate gap. I feel a lot of guilt for 'falling' for the second girl. (Great quote by Johnny Depp though)

Girl # 1 - In some way, yes, I've lost some intimate feelings for her. Her friends are divided on whether or not our friendship should last.

Girl # 2 - I don't know. I'm talking to her on a more regular basis. She's funny, like Girl # 1,but in a different way.

I'm going to sleep and thinking more about this...

Rey, you're back pedalling now.

You said personality doesn't matter and the decision should be made based on looks. And my response to that was that you'd likely get tired of a good looking girl if she had no personality.

Your statement that they could have both indicates that personality is, in fact, slightly important to you.

Archived