The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know I deserve to be flamed for this. Give me your hard honest opinions/thoughts. I can take it here.

Dazzle

I could write more and go more in depth, but I don't want to put in the time, at least not right now. Long story short, stop toying around with Girl#1. You'll hurt her feelings, but she deserves better then this situation. Not only that, but you'll personally grow from the experience as well. It's not easy to "let someone down," but it is the right thing to do.

In summary, always be honest with yourself and the other people in your relationships. It maybe be harder in the short term but in the long term being open, honest and clear in your communication will save everyone a lot of trouble and heart ache. You just need the huevos to actually implement it. It's akin to the quickly ripping off the band aid.

K well...

I tried to emphasize her the whole no sex thing because I needed a little bit of distance and I told her that I didn't want to make her feel like she was being used but she said that we're way past that. At this point, she told me that she can't get over me - so I'm f*cked. She rage-deleted me too, but that was out of impulse. She says that I'm not a douche.

It means that it's all-in or nothing for our friendship.

I ******** hate myself now.

It's understandable that she's angry, but in time, her anger will fade and she will move on. I think she needed to hear the truth from you so that she can begin to get over you. She needed to know that there's no hope for you guys to get back together. It's probably best for you to not be in contact with each other for awhile.

It's also understandable for you to feel like crap right now, but if she isn't right for you, then it's best to let go earlier rather than let it drag on. Sometimes, we hang on to the wrong person, for far too long, for all the wrong reasons (ex., fear of never finding someone who will be as good to you, guilt, or simply because they're just there).

You will both get over this and (hopefully) use this as a learning experience.

As for the friendship part: you may or may not be able to be friends again later down the line, but now is not the best time to try to salvage that. Be thankful for the experience and just let go.

It's understandable that she's angry, but in time, her anger will fade and she will move on. I think she needed to hear the truth from you so that she can begin to get over you. She needed to know that there's no hope for you guys to get back together. It's probably best for you to not be in contact with each other for awhile.

It's also understandable for you to feel like crap right now, but if she isn't right for you, then it's best to let go earlier rather than let it drag on. Sometimes, we hang on to the wrong person, for far too long, for all the wrong reasons (ex., fear of never finding someone who will be as good to you, guilt, or simply because they're just there).

You will both get over this and (hopefully) use this as a learning experience.

As for the friendship part: you may or may not be able to be friends again later down the line, but now is not the best time to try to salvage that. Be thankful for the experience and just let go.

Archived