The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dallas Eakins signs with Edmonton

If i was Eakins i would take the job in Edmonton over the Canucks job to , Edmonton's young core group is much more appealing to try and develop and turn into a Stanley cup winning team instead of one that is nearing big changes and most likely nearing a rebuild because of aging veteran core that may have seen its best chance at winning a cup together come and go.

I don't mind Gillis taking his time with everything... But he's taking TOO much of his time finding the right guy.

For example, if you're gonna deem Schneider as the starter, at least trade Luongo away to make it clear to everyone that Schneider is the starter. I don't want Luongo gone, but it would've made it a lot easier for AV to know who to play night in night out and not rely on flipping a damn coin

If i was Eakins i would take the job in Edmonton over the Canucks job to , Edmonton's young core group is much more appealing to try and develop and turn into a Stanley cup winning team instead of one that is nearing big changes and most likely nearing a rebuild because of aging veteran core that may have seen its best chance at winning a cup together come and go.

Nope, he was number 2 on my list behind Tippett. I was hoping he would be an assistant, but if Tippett isn't available, I wanted Eakins.

I think people that want guys like Ruff, Tortorella, or Maurice as a head coach are crazy. These are not the guys that will get this team to the next level IMO.

Nope, he was number 2 on my list behind Tippett. I was hoping he would be an assistant, but if Tippett isn't available, I wanted Eakins.

I think people that want guys like Ruff, Tortorella, or Maurice as a head coach are crazy. These are not the guys that will get this team to the next level IMO.

I don't want any of those guys either. Tippett's also my first choice. Followed by Stevens.

Even though some people wanted him, many are now overreacting. It's not like he's the only coach out there...

I feel bad for Kruger.

The problem in Edmonton is their absolutely TERRIBLE defense. And yet, they refuse to trade any of their young stud forwards to get a decent top-pairing guy. This despite the fact that they lack the roster spots to develop them all properly (see: MSP).

Edmonton is a mess, and it has nothing to do with the coaching. That said, if MacT thinks the team could be better under Eakins, then good on him for making a move. But if he REALLY wants to make an impact, he'd be better served getting a top-2 and top-4 defenseman.

Every great coach started out in the AHL or a lesser league. Getting one of the top regarded coaches in the AHL would have been a breath of fresh air for this team.

Instead we're likely going to get a veteran who brings an old boring approach to the game. Forget about developing our young core with a guy like Ruff or Tortorella.

Archived