The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Destiny

Drouin

11 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

lol no D1 was not worse. D2 literally pushes you to eververse. 

Well having played D1 for over 2000 hours, and D2 for a few hundred, I can tell you that I've gotten about 20 emotes for free in D2 vs. four or five in D1.  

I haven't spent a cent on Eververse and I have pretty much everything there is to have.  I was missing a lot of stuff in D1.  

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well having played D1 for over 2000 hours, and D2 for a few hundred, I can tell you that I've gotten about 20 emotes for free in D2 vs. four or five in D1.  

I haven't spent a cent on Eververse and I have pretty much everything there is to have.  I was missing a lot of stuff in D1.  

Literally everything in Destiny 2 is hidden behind a paywall unless you grind your ass off. There's so much stuff in Destiny 2's Eververse that I don't believe for a second that you were missing more stuff in Destiny 1 especially since you could buy from Xur in that game while having a fraction of the inventory Destiny 2's Eververse has. Even shaders are consumables in Destiny 2. I will admit the crimson doubles event was a step in the right direction because you could actually earn stuff like Eververse engrams and bright dust by playing the game. Bungie needs to do more of that.

All I'm saying is there's a reason why over 90% of Destiny 2's player base stopped playing. The only good thing about it is the gunplay. The next major update needs to be a really good one if they want people to come back and play.

Edited by Xbox

The problem with D2 is that it feels like a step back from what D1 had built. D1 went from being a trash game to getting players back from the Take king expansion. D2 on the other hand have multiple exotics missing from the start only to be reintroduced as new loot for Osiris DLC.  

Even with the valentine event, I failed to have any motivations to grind for loot in this game. They better do a good damn job at the next DLC or people will just forget about this all together. 

• 2 months later...

Haven't played since December, though I still follow development updates and relevant news pieces. Is the game worth getting back into yet, or am I better off waiting for the Fall Update?

9 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Haven't played since December, though I still follow development updates and relevant news pieces. Is the game worth getting back into yet, or am I better off waiting for the Fall Update?

New DLC is alright but the core issues remain.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I am moving on from video games in general but my total tally is : 

Destiny 1: 2900 hours 

Destiny 2: 1000 hours 

I more then got my money's worth and made some awesome friends through these two games, so thank you Bungie, best money I've spent in the last four years.  

Going back to my partying and travelling ways for now ::D

• 1 month later...

As someone who hated the game and stopped playing for around a year I went back to it and felt the game has been moving in a much better direction. It's still flawed and isn't a game I feel the urge to sink most of my gaming time into but I enjoy getting on it every now and then for a change of pace. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/31/2018 at 7:56 PM, Nucksfollower1983 said:

Bungie's greed put the nail in the coffin on that pathetic excuse for a game called destiny 2 yet?

Lol 

Are you one of the haters that's been chanting this for the last four years? 

• 6 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 5:25 PM, Nucksfollower1983 said:

not the last 4 only since D2 came out and I realized it was total garbage.

As compared to what, Destiny 1 or just in general?  

I've played almost every game under the sun over the last two decades and nothing really compares to Destiny in terms of player movement and gunplay.  Some people get nostalgic about Destiny 1 but I'd chalk that up to rose tinted glasses.  

On 9/27/2019 at 3:43 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

As compared to what, Destiny 1 or just in general?  

I've played almost every game under the sun over the last two decades and nothing really compares to Destiny in terms of player movement and gunplay.  Some people get nostalgic about Destiny 1 but I'd chalk that up to rose tinted glasses.  

I tried going back to Destiny 1 for nostalgia and it felt terrible which was sad. Maybe that's because I play D2 on PC.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 3:20 AM, FaninMex said:

Anyone playing this anymore? I play on Steam and got back into it after corona and everything that has been going on. Looks to be on track with the new content coming out.

I haven't been playing anything for a while now.  Decided to work out and do more productive things, but as soon as Beyond Light comes out in November, I'm going back in, hard!  

Not sure if anyone has read the Collector's Edition lore, but it's great!  

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I haven't been playing anything for a while now.  Decided to work out and do more productive things, but as soon as Beyond Light comes out in November, I'm going back in, hard!  

Not sure if anyone has read the Collector's Edition lore, but it's great!  

What do you play on? I play on steam.