The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Miks Indrasis invited to Canucks prospect camp

JE14

Dude, I can't gain weight to save my life. I gain 0lbs over the Christmas season, and I could fast for a month and not lose a thing. I don't get it. I am a carpenter, and I lift and move heavy things all the time. I'm in great shape, and a lot stronger than I look, but god damn could I use some more weight. 5'11", 145lbs, 27 years old.

Tell me what to do. I eat a tonne, so I'm kinda at a loss.

Well I used to be the same way. Was 5' 11" 165 when I graduated high school in '08. I'm now 6' 1" 190. The biggest key for me was eating everything in sight and downing 64+oz of milk a day. Drinking lots of milk will do wonders for putting on weight, but I don't recommend it unless you are also training very hard because it could be a recipe to just get fat.

Why does everyone focus on him putting on weight? If anything, HEALTHY speed and skill are the ways to beat physical teams, and what's more, once someone puts on weight they'll likely slow down (think Lapierre).

Specifically, I agree with the other posters who said that they should sign him (if they can). He's got a good combination of mobility, size and shot.

Why does everyone focus on him putting on weight? If anything, HEALTHY speed and skill are the ways to beat physical teams, and what's more, once someone puts on weight they'll likely slow down (think Lapierre).

Specifically, I agree with the other posters who said that they should sign him (if they can). He's got a good combination of mobility, size and shot.

My only concern with him putting on weight is that 196 at 6' 3" is a bit lanky, but not particularly small for his height either.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea that Van can sign players like this to a AHL contract and if he pans out upgrade to a NHL contract. Could actually circumvent the NHL CAP to a degree.

I'm not sure how it'd circumvent the cap, particularly since we're nowhere near the 50 contract limit. It'll be interesting to see how he turns out though.

• 7 months later...

Archived