The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu tweet thread

Rate this topic

You dont have to even play sports to know what forceful contact directly to the head generally results in.Keith intended to headshot daniel, to hurt him. Otherwise he woukd have played the puck. Did he intend to cause brain injury? Maybe not, but hes experienced and smart enough to be aware of the potential for injury with a hit like that.To separate intent from result is naive.

Coming from the guy who obviously hasn't played. You don't think about things, thinking is hockey in bad, it's slows you down, you have to rely on instincts. Answer this, was bert trying to wreck the career of steve moore? Was he trying to break his neck? What were his intentions? If he was indeed trying to severly injure him way not just swing his stick at his head? Why not just Hanson (slap shot) him in front of the net?

Does every hit to the head cause a concussion? Actually when compared to the amount of times it happen, the result in a concussion is really low. Daniel just did the same to him a few shifts early. As soon as the puck was passed to Daniel, Keith already made up his mind that he was going to step up and hit Daniel. Seriously unless you played the game or understand that it is a reactionary sport where things happen within fractions of seconds your opinion is irrelevant. Until then enjoy watching plays over in slow motion, over analyzing the thought process of a player, in an in game situation, Then hold grudges on that player for the rest of his career, even when he's representing his country. Keith got 5 games, could he have gotten more? sure say he got 10 games. would that make you feel better. The amount of hate towards him you, would assumed he Bertuzzi'd him and Daniel never played another game. Get over it. Kassian took out Gagner and Bolland you'd think he'd be on the NHL's most wanted list but yet if he represented team Canada, Leaf and Oliers fans would be cheering him on, unlike some of the high school, drama chasing, girls on CDC

• Upvote 2

Coming from the guy who obviously hasn't played. You don't think about things, thinking is hockey in bad, it's slows you down, you have to rely on instincts. Answer this, was bert trying to wreck the career of steve moore? Was he trying to break his neck? What were his intentions? If he was indeed trying to severly injure him way not just swing his stick at his head? Why not just Hanson (slap shot) him in front of the net?

Does every hit to the head cause a concussion? Actually when compared to the amount of times it happen, the result in a concussion is really low. Daniel just did the same to him a few shifts early. As soon as the puck was passed to Daniel, Keith already made up his mind that he was going to step up and hit Daniel. Seriously unless you played the game or understand that it is a reactionary sport where things happen within fractions of seconds your opinion is irrelevant. Until then enjoy watching plays over in slow motion, over analyzing the thought process of a player, in an in game situation, Then hold grudges on that player for the rest of his career, even when he's representing his country. Keith got 5 games, could he have gotten more? sure say he got 10 games. would that make you feel better. The amount of hate towards him you, would assumed he Bertuzzi'd him and Daniel never played another game. Get over it. Kassian took out Gagner and Bolland you'd think he'd be on the NHL's most wanted list but yet if he represented team Canada, Leaf and Oliers fans would be cheering him on, unlike some of the high school, drama chasing, girls on CDC

Wasn't gunna sign in till I read this comment.

+1 well said, bravo, it's good to have a well rounded perspective here, at the end of the day, he's one of our boys.

His comments have pissed me off as well as the elbow, but you are correct in your analysis of split second reactions in the game. This is way over analyzed by the league, and it's wrecking the game, along with those overly weaponized elbow pads themselves.

Did I think the hit was intentionally an elbow, yes, did I think it was fair, no, do I like Duncan Keith, no. Would this affect me cheering for team Canada or me not agreeing with playing him or cheering for him even though he was one of the best defenceman on the ice, hell no! At the end of the day, he's Canadian, and that's our team.

Do I like him now that the Olympics are over, maybe a little bit more than I did, yes, he will forever be a part of the best team Canada to step on the ice in my opinion. They benched the damn Norris trophy winner, that's how damn good we were! At the same time, I hope we run him over next time we play him.. God I love hockey!

Wasn't gunna sign in till I read this comment.

+1 well said, bravo, it's good to have a well rounded perspective here, at the end of the day, he's one of our boys.

His comments have pissed me off as well as the elbow, but you are correct in your analysis of split second reactions in the game. This is way over analyzed by the league, and it's wrecking the game, along with those overly weaponized elbow pads themselves.

Did I think the hit was intentionally an elbow, yes, did I think it was fair, no, do I like Duncan Keith, no. Would this affect me cheering for team Canada or me not agreeing with playing him or cheering for him even though he was one of the best defenceman on the ice, hell no! At the end of the day, he's Canadian, and that's our team.

Do I like him now that the Olympics are over, maybe a little bit more than I did, yes, he will forever be a part of the best team Canada to step on the ice in my opinion. They benched the damn Norris trophy winner, that's how damn good we were! At the same time, I hope we run him over next time we play him.. God I love hockey!

Personally I dont see how trying to eliminate cheap headshots is ruining the game. As taking hitting and fighting out of hockey would ruin the game so to would losing star players to injury.Other than that I agree completely with the sentiment of your post and asessment of Keith.

what keith did was intentionally reckless. if this was a court of law and daniel died then Keith would have been charged with manslaughter, since he knew the potential outcome of his actions and he still did them. basically he knew what could happen, he just didn't care.

Edited by avelanch

what keith did was intentionally reckless. if this was a court of law and daniel died then Keith would have been charged with manslaughter, since he knew the potential outcome of his actions and he still did them. basically he knew what could happen, he just didn't care.

dude this is hockey.. Every hit, every hit shot, hell even block shots would be potentially deadly. Then what? stop watching hockey because the match could become a slaughter party?

I get it, what keith did was unacceptable.. It was reckless, and it was classless. But let's just let the hate end within that game. A lot of players did the same thing, if you want to complain, complain about how the league isn't taking action to stop craps like these (or how they punish the players by their last name)

sometimes players can't t hink in the heat of the game, sometimes it is their aggressive personality that made them do things like that.. How many times did you shout to your love ones when you are angry, then wonder why you did that after you are calm? It's the same principle.. it doesn't make you a bad person, it just means you lost control of your temper and do something that you won't usually do.

• Upvote 1

the headshots need to stop. period. and that responsibility lies upon the players themselves. I will never like Keith, i never did like him though, so it's not like this one action changed my point of view. and it's not like he's family or even close, so your analogy just doesn't ring true. Also, I never intentionally elbowed my family in anger...

the headshots need to stop. period. and that responsibility lies upon the players themselves. I will never like Keith, i never did like him though, so it's not like this one action changed my point of view. and it's not like he's family or even close, so your analogy just doesn't ring true. Also, I never intentionally elbowed my family in anger...

you dont need to like him, you just need to stop treating him like a murderer who got away.

maybe hockey isn't a sport you should watch if you have a problem with players elbowing others... ffs the term mother of all elbows came from the canucks.

and I have repeatingly told you that it is not the player's responsiblity to stop these kind of action. If the league allows you to do so and it gives your team the advantage to win from those actions, the players will do it. They are not saints, they are hockey players playing a phyiscal game to punsih their opponents on a nightly basis.

why are you watching hockey anyway if you seem to have that big of a problem with elbowing?

• Upvote 1

you dont need to like him, you just need to stop treating him like a murderer who got away.

maybe hockey isn't a sport you should watch if you have a problem with players elbowing others... ffs the term mother of all elbows came from the canucks.

and I have repeatingly told you that it is not the player's responsiblity to stop these kind of action. If the league allows you to do so and it gives your team the advantage to win from those actions, the players will do it. They are not saints, they are hockey players playing a phyiscal game to punsih their opponents on a nightly basis.

why are you watching hockey anyway if you seem to have that big of a problem with elbowing?

I have a problem with players intentionally trying to injure other players, and I watch hockey because I love the sport. there's a reason we have rules, they need to be enforced properly, yes, but players need to recognize what's bad for the sport itself and take it upon themselves to stop their bad behaviour first. you can't just say "players will always try to injure each other so that makes it ok". that's just an idiotic point of view that is going to cause more and more injuries.

You must really hate Bure then.

He’s the thing, if PED’s were acceptable will players take advantage of them?

If running a goalie was acceptable would all teams do it?

If slashing a players hands when he’s about to shoot was acceptable would all Defencemen do this?

Players play within the rules, it’s up to the league to determine what is right and what is wrong. If the league was handing out far more severe suspension for hit to the head players may not be taking advantage of it. If Keith knows that he might miss 20 games for a high hit, he likely instills that his arms are always low. Matt Cooke is a good example of a player changing the way he approaches the game simply because the league punishing him. It’s not up to the players, as long as they are allowed to play a certain way they will do whatever it takes to win.

Why would Brown change the way he sticks his knee out when he hits if that league is telling him it is acceptable?

PS its funny you feel this way as your sig clearly shows Archibald hitting a player in a vulnerable position and has a greater risk of causing injury. Or perhaps you just hate hits like that on your own team.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat

the league already determined hits to the head are unacceptable. yes I agree wholeheartedly that they need to enforce it better and make it more severe, but players need to start recognizing that this is inappropriate behaviour and stop doing it themselves as well.

as for Archie's hit, it's clean, from the side, and the guy is NOT in a vulnerable position. that's a good hockey play, an elbow to the head, is not. it is not even close to being an analogous situation.

Edited by avelanch

oh happy day, when people would rather talk about the dirty/on the edge play of a player instead of what this thread was meant for.

Canada rocked the world and all the players played as a team. Lou and Hammer showed that with with class on their return to Van yesterday.

• Upvote 2

Yikes didn't mean to ruin the thread guys. Keiths hit was intentional intent to murder. That's how I'll always see it and I thought that looked like Keith but I guess it was Smith. People saying it was a heat of the moment are nuts and I won't even bother arguing lol.

Anyways let's get this topic back on track to posting the Lord's tweets.

Iron sheikh tweeted Lui "congrats on the gold medal etc..."

Lui replied

"@ thanks! It's no heavyweight title belt bubba but it'll do!"

I played multiple sports growing up. Not once did I deliberately blindside someone nowhere near the ball/puck/whatever with a vicious headshot because thats what my 'instincts' were telling me. It was absolutely premeditated. Daniel hit him first and he got pissed. Nobody delivers a cheap shot like that because of a split second decision.

Man I do not get this random relationship! lol how does Lu and the Iron Sheik become buddies?

Man I do not get this random relationship! lol how does Lu and the Iron Sheik become buddies?

Easy....they are both in the fixed sports entertainment business. :bigblush:

• Upvote 1

Totally random. So I googled. The read is good for a laugh (fyi - the Iron Sheik has a foul....keyboard)....

http://canucksarmy.com/2013/1/11/strombone1-versus-the_ironsheik