The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu tweet thread

Rate this topic

Talented, privileged, entitled & assertive, until he met the comeuppance.

Then supposedly he claimed to have been "humbled". Wisened..newly appreciative. There was an Oly spot on the line, after all. Likened it to a marriage, "She wanted me back", claimed he...

Maybe 'she' didn't need the messy paper work, right then? This bloke thinks a lot of himself, it appears.

I suspect the ones who cheer/encourage his tweets are younger, bold & confident themselves. Quite normal in young male humans, or even chimps for that matter. Probably this form of self-appreciation is extended about a decade(at least), in the lifespan of the modern athlete-male. Career lifespans of the NA'n male athlete, are roughly that of the family dog.

There'll be no 'moral high-road' in the career of this brazen fellow,it would appear. If anyone could appreciate the value of a reflective poker-face, you'd reckon this would be the suspect. Perhaps if BC Lotteries compensated him to think, prior to speaking?

Post game 5, 2011 finals, his mouth served as a (6'ft down) hole for the team to stumble into. He couldn't BACK his assertiveness, the very next shot in Boston-I'll reckon he'll follow up this brashness in a similar fashion.

Good riddance.

Oh it was intentional. But there's a difference between intending to cause pain and intending to concuss a person. He did it in retaliation to Daniel's early hit on him in that shift where there was contact to his head. Did he actually intend to injure Daniel? I don't think so. Just as I believe Bertuzzi wanted to cause Moore pain as opposed to the actual result.

It was intentional. Keith never apologized for it...'cuz it was not accidental.

Bertuzzi wanted to scrap Moore face to face..gave him plenty of warning with jersey pulls & words... which were ignored...then he swatted him & tripped upon Moore's hockey-stick before falling on him. A lot of accidental stuff precipitated there....including the piling on. Bertuzzi apologized profusely.

Keith gave no such tele-graphed warning, takes aim & fired his elbow into the face of his opponent while the guy was looking up at the puck in the air. On purpose! No apologies followed...even now...2 years later. Keith's the bigger low-life & a bona fide head-hunter. Cased closed.

Edited by viking mama
  • Upvote 2

This town and Canuck management treated Lui like trash. How he remained as professional as he did is beyond me. Now that he fired a couple remarks, some of the babies here start crying. I would have been a lot more harsh. These last couple years up to the Heritage Classic have been a disgrace. I don't know why anyone would willingly come to this poorly run franchise

ummmm, right. So, to you Lu mocking Eddie Lack's performance last night was appropriate and warranted?? Really?? I love Lu but that was completely classless.

ummmm, right. So, to you Lu mocking Eddie Lack's performance last night was appropriate and warranted?? Really?? I love Lu but that was completely classless.

the team's performance as a whole deserved mocking. an lu wasn't mocking eddie, he was sympathizing.
  • Upvote 1

Then supposedly he claimed to have been "humbled". Wisened..newly appreciative. There was an Oly spot on the line, after all. Likened it to a marriage, "She wanted me back", claimed he...

Maybe 'she' didn't need the messy paper work, right then? This bloke thinks a lot of himself, it appears.

I suspect the ones who cheer/encourage his tweets are younger, bold & confident themselves. Quite normal in young male humans, or even chimps for that matter. Probably this form of self-appreciation is extended about a decade(at least), in the lifespan of the modern athlete-male. Career lifespans of the NA'n male athlete, are roughly that of the family dog.

There'll be no 'moral high-road' in the career of this brazen fellow,it would appear. If anyone could appreciate the value of a reflective poker-face, you'd reckon this would be the suspect. Perhaps if BC Lotteries compensated him to think, prior to speaking?

Post game 5, 2011 finals, his mouth served as a (6'ft down) hole for the team to stumble into. He couldn't BACK his assertiveness, the very next shot in Boston-I'll reckon he'll follow up this brashness in a similar fashion.

Good riddance.

So your spin is the exact opposite of mine.

Pride and dignity come into play with all human beings. People seem to feel that because he made a lot of money he was to be bullet proof. Devoid of human feelings and emotion. Just go out there, like a robot, and be perfect. Even if you team's not scoring and the defense in front of you is buckling...you're the one. It's ALL pinned on you because we can single you out.

The people that enjoy his tweets are no lesser than you...just different. People deal with disappointment, heartache, shock and other things in different ways as a result...it's what makes it a wonderful world. Some withdraw and retreat. Some mask it with humour and sarcasm.

How is his tweeting any different than us putting our spiels out here, in written form? So he's expected not to use the same avenues afforded to every single one of us?

He learned, early on, that he'd have to detract from the team...when he had the C AND was goaltender, he had to answer for the team. So, as it would be, he was honest and forthright, sometimes wearing his heart on his sleeve. What you see is what you get. And some accused him of being difficult, moody, etc. He then turned to using sarcasm and humour to portray his feelings, at least on the surface. To lighten the mood.

And I, for one, find it refreshing and (yes, as primitive as I am) entertaining. We're different, that's all.

I don't see this as mocking Lack, more a show of support/strength in numbers, even though he doesn't have to do that anymore. "I'm still here, brother". That sort of thing.

(and I suspect we will move this to an appropriate spot...in due time)

• Upvote 2

Man people get their panties in a knot so easily around here, Lu's tweets are awesome, and for the way he was treated here he can say whatever the hell he wants towards us

And the fans who paid his salary, however indirectly, also get to say whatever the hell they want about him .. you canna have it both ways

some people here should start cheering for the Vancouver Luongo's..

or follow their hero and become panther fans as obviously they hold lu In higher regard then the team.

the fact that his tweets are humorous is irrelevant. He is mocking this team and his former teammates at the worse possible time when they are already demoralized. Besides self serving gloating, this achieves nothing.

as for his obvious bitterness, it is worth remembering:

the reason why lu was demoted twice; was because the supposed "greatest canuck goalie" ever got outplayed by his backups twice.

Good riddance.

Taking this a little personal aren't you? I don't find anything wrong with what he tweeted. He loves those guys, and they do him. Lu and Eddie have a great relationship, and the #prayforeddie tweet I believe was genuine. When it the crap hit the fan he poked fun at management making him a back-up because... why wouldn't he? It's consistent with all his other tweets, but now because he's not a Canuck fans are upset? I'd say Strombone1 was the only positive thing to come out of last night's game.

• Upvote 2

He is mocking this team and his former teammates at the worse possible time when they are already demoralized. Besides self serving gloating, this achieves nothing.

See that's just your take on it but others see it differently.

The team ribbed and kidded one another, it's part of their makeup. And this is a continuation of that, not mocking in a hurtful way....if he started after his departure, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But it's more of an "I'm here, still in your corner" to me. I'm pretty sure that Eddie took a bit of comfort and it helped to ease the tension a bit having someone "kid" with him. Keep things normal. Lighten the mood a bit for there's enough gloom and doom to go around.

Life is short, you take it in stride and it's nice to have people who can remind us of that...even during horrible losses.