Lu tweet thread

Rate this topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 5:50 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In response to:

Still bothers me... Luongo carried that team and Crosby gets all the glory. Garbage!

You put Price in net in 2010, I guarantee you there's no gold medal. Absolute garbage they didn't let him play in Sochi.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, apollo said:

Still bothers me... Luongo carried that team and Crosby gets all the glory. Garbage!

You put Price in net in 2010, I guarantee you there's no gold medal. Absolute garbage they didn't let him play in Sochi.

you know price won the hart that season. During 2014 Price was playing at another level ,so it was a good decision.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Squamfan said:

you know price won the hart that season. During 2014 Price was playing at another level ,so it was a good decision.  

He was playing on a better team.

Team Canada was Roberto's team and his team only. He carried them and gave them a gold they, especially Crosby didn't deserve. They should have stayed loyal.

Hope Babcock never wins anything else in his career and his leafs are a bust.

19 minutes ago, apollo said:

He was playing on a better team.

Team Canada was Roberto's team and his team only. He carried them and gave them a gold they, especially Crosby didn't deserve. They should have stayed loyal.

Hope Babcock never wins anything else in his career and his leafs are a bust.

lol crosby saved luongo in 2010 for his choke in the last minute. I personally think that we would not have won gold IN 2014 if luongo played.And price did not play on a better team. Remember when he missed 6 months and montreal basically fell off a cliff. Price took a crap team to the conference finals before he got hurt. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

lol crosby saved luongo in 2010 for his choke in the last minute. I personally think that we would not have won gold IN 2014 if luongo played.And price did not play on a better team. Remember when he missed 6 months and montreal basically fell off a cliff. Price took a crap team to the conference finals before he got hurt. 

LOL! Guess you forgot all the saves he made in OT before Crosby got his lucky bounce...

I guarantee you that team wins gold in 2014 if Lui plays. That was the most stacked team Canada of all time. Had the twins been healthy and Backstrom wasn't forced out of the gold medal game because of some silly allergy medication, they might have exposed Price for the overrated goalie that he is. Luongo was Canada's #1 and Babcock stole it from him.

Also Price took a crap team to the conference finals? Let me know when he takes a team to the Finals and gets two separate 1-0 shutout wins.

Price will forever be inferior to Luongo.

Price and his 10.5mill cap hit vs Luongo and his money puck goaltending at only 4.5 AAV for florida...

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

LOL! Guess you forgot all the saves he made in OT before Crosby got his lucky bounce...

I guarantee you that team wins gold in 2014 if Lui plays. That was the most stacked team Canada of all time. Had the twins been healthy and Backstrom wasn't forced out of the gold medal game because of some silly allergy medication, they might have exposed Price for the overrated goalie that he is. Luongo was Canada's #1 and Babcock stole it from him.

Also Price took a crap team to the conference finals? Let me know when he takes a team to the Finals and gets two separate 1-0 shutout wins.

Price and his 10.5mill cap hit vs Luongo and his money puck goaltending at only 4.5 AAV for florida...

Imagine if it was Luongo that in that soft goal that gave us the gold medal?  Right thru the five hole.  Nobody brings that up much.  Mainly because Miller was lights out beforehand but still....

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Imagine if it was Luongo that in that soft goal that gave us the gold medal?  Right thru the five hole.  Nobody brings that up much.  Mainly because Miller was lights out beforehand but still....

Luongo wouldn't have let up that goal. He was winning gold single handedly.

I'll gladly respect price if one day he forces Montreal to retain 5mill and demands a trade to his home province. I'm so sick and disgusted of so many BC boys not being loyal to the province and wanting to play here and bringing us the rightful cup we deserve.

If I was in the NHL, I'd take every discount measure possible to play for Vancouver.

Disclaimer, I'm a homer. If Price ever played for us, I'd be his #1 fan. But in my books Luongo > Miller > Price.

Edited by apollo
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

Luongo also allowed 19 goals in four games. if Price did not get hurt in 2014, Montreal winning the cup. Luongo would have choked against the states or Latvia. By the way does Luongo have a Vezina or a Hart ( its rare to see a goalie win)

16 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Luongo also allowed 19 goals in four games. if Price did not get hurt in 2014, Montreal winning the cup. Luongo would have choked against the states or Latvia. By the way does Luongo have a Vezina or a Hart ( its rare to see a goalie win)

First of all hope you saw this Disclaimer, I'm a homer. If Price ever played for us, I'd be his #1 fan. But in my books Luongo > Miller > Price.

Second of all, Luongo did deserve at least 1 hart/vezina... Montreal is a darling team, it's easier to win trophies when you play for them and their media.

You could argue Luongo was robbed in all of the following years 2000-01... he wasn't even included in voting even though he had almost identical number to Hasek on a terrible team...

01-02 , 02-03 all great years for luongo yet not even nominated ... no one watched florida play.

2003-2004 easily shoulda had the Hart trophy this year including the Vezina... yet they gave it to Broudeur who had 917 vs luongos 931... LOL! Man glad he wasn't a Canuck otherwise I woulda raged over this hard. What a joke, even Kiprussof finished 2nd in Vezina voting and he only played 38 games... poor Luongo 0.931 over 73 games gets you no respect....

2006-2007 ... in his first year as a Canuck... once again lost to Brodeur ... silly. Absolutely silly.

After this year he starts getting on all the balots but never winning... at least started getting recognized.

2010-2011 Thomas won, Rinne runner up and Luongo 3rd... I think Thomas was better this season.... Luongo was definitely #2 and he proved it when he went up vs Rinne

2015-2016 ... Luongo comes in 4th, ... what he did on this Florida team was stellar, he probably deserved to be 2nd but Holtby was the rightful winner

2017-2018 ... only 35 games played but absolutely electrifying when he played. If Kiprussoff got 2nd place votes in 2004 with 38 games played, not sure why Luongo wasn't top 3 this year too.

Luongo even has a better career save percentage than Price... 919 vs 918... and much better than Brodeur who in my opinion is the most overrated goalie ever. Two of his Vezina's should be Luis.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, apollo said:

First of all hope you saw this Disclaimer, I'm a homer. If Price ever played for us, I'd be his #1 fan. But in my books Luongo > Miller > Price.

Second of all, Luongo did deserve at least 1 hart/vezina... Montreal is a darling team, it's easier to win trophies when you play for them and their media.

You could argue Luongo was robbed in all of the following years 2000-01... he wasn't even included in voting even though he had almost identical number to Hasek on a terrible team...

01-02 , 02-03 all great years for luongo yet not even nominated ... no one watched florida play.

2003-2004 easily shoulda had the Hart trophy this year including the Vezina... yet they gave it to Broudeur who had 917 vs luongos 931... LOL! Man glad he wasn't a Canuck otherwise I woulda raged over this hard. What a joke, even Kiprussof finished 2nd in Vezina voting and he only played 38 games... poor Luongo 0.931 over 73 games gets you no respect....

2006-2007 ... in his first year as a Canuck... once again lost to Brodeur ... silly. Absolutely silly.

After this year he starts getting on all the balots but never winning... at least started getting recognized.

2010-2011 Thomas won, Rinne runner up and Luongo 3rd... I think Thomas was better this season.... Luongo was definitely #2 and he proved it when he went up vs Rinne

2015-2016 ... Luongo comes in 4th, ... what he did on this Florida team was stellar, he probably deserved to be 2nd but Holtby was the rightful winner

2017-2018 ... only 35 games played but absolutely electrifying when he played. If Kiprussoff got 2nd place votes in 2004 with 38 games played, not sure why Luongo wasn't top 3 this year too.

Luongo even has a better career save percentage than Price... 919 vs 918... and much better than Brodeur who in my opinion is the most overrated goalie ever. Two of his Vezina's should be Luis.

I'm still (sorta) upset Luongo didn't win the Vezina in 06-07. He was just unreal that year, we had such an unvaunted team but he made every game so exciting to watch with amazing save after amazing save. He made at least one absolute jaw-dropper per game. It was truly and honestly politics why Brodeur won it that year. Simply put, Luongo was a better goalie than Brodeur that season. 

As far as the SCF goes, he was amazing in the games we won and bad in the games we lost. Specifically in the games we lost, he did seem to get progressively worse as the games went on. But that wasn't just him, it was the entire team deflating before our eyes. 

And for the 2010 Olympics he didn't get enough credit. Yes, Sid does get all the credit but when there's an OT goal scored in a gold medal game the headlines will always be about the goal scorer - it's just the way it is. Price was the guy for the #1 job in 2014, hard to argue with his stats at the time, but I feel like Luongo would have won those same games with that team in front of him too. 

• Like 1