The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Malhotra ready to convince another NHL club that his time isn’t up

Is this another one of Gillis' blunderings? Was it the lack of Manny's leadership time upon the bench or his missing face-off wins that cost the Canucks Round 1...2 years in a row? Hmmmmm....maybe? But - I think not.

This is another one of the things - that is also on AV. The coach stopped utilizing Manny in many key ways & circumstances - first. This action only fueled the notion that Manny couldn't return to form...and/or that he was a risk to himself in this very fast & violent arena of play - due to his diminished capacity. Gillis eventually bought the kool-aid that AV was selling.

This is the main reason why I want Gillis gone. Slap him in tha face with a dead fish and kick his ass out the door for the way he treated Manimal ! One of if not the classiest players in the league Malhotra did not deserve that kind of exit for his career. Seriously frak you Mike ! If you dont get a deal done with one of our goalies before the draft or during I will lead a team of fighting Uruk-hai to your door...

03_UH_01.jpg

Face it. Malholtra was terrible after his injury.

Yes, he still had his faceoff ability, but he couldn't read plays and he wasn't in top physical condition either. He couldn't hit, provide any type of offence, and he was slower than everyone else out there.

I was a huge Malholtra supporter but he should've never played in the Finals in 2011, and IMHO, there aren't many teams that would be interested in a 4th line player that's nothing like he used to be.

Mike Gillis did the best thing for the Canucks and for Manny's health.

Look at the picture in the freaking article. His bad eye isn't even looking in the same direction as his good one. You guys think it's safe for him to be playing one of the fastest and most physically grueling and risky sports on the planet?!

8593411.jpg

Face it. Malholtra was terrible after his injury.

Yes, he still had his faceoff ability, but he couldn't read plays and he wasn't in top physical condition either. He couldn't hit, provide any type of offence, and he was slower than everyone else out there.

I was a huge Malholtra supporter but he should've never played in the Finals in 2011, and IMHO, there aren't many teams that would be interested in a 4th line player that's nothing like he used to be.

Mike Gillis did the best thing for the Canucks and for Manny's health.

Bless his heart! I feel for him and have nothing but respect for him. I wish things could be different for him. I'm sure nothing is worse than someone telling you it's over long before you're ready to call it a career. But, the NHL agreed to let the Canucks put him on IR because they agreed his diminished sight was a safety issue. How can they allow another team to allow him to play if nothing has changed?

And, like others have rightly pointed out, his play dropped off dramatically after his injury. He shot less, scored less and saw his +- go from +9 to -11. It sucks because it's not lack of heart, desire, determination or even the rest of his body, but it seems pretty obvious his sight simply will not allow him to be the player he was.

Whatever happens, I wish him nothing but the best. If he doesn't get to play again, I hope he will get some help adjusting to the transition. He seems like a great guy and I'd hate to see him turn bitter at such a young age!

Bless his heart! I feel for him and have nothing but respect for him. I wish things could be different for him. I'm sure nothing is worse than someone telling you it's over long before you're ready to call it a career. But, the NHL agreed to let the Canucks put him on IR because they agreed his diminished sight was a safety issue. How can they allow another team to allow him to play if nothing has changed?

And, like others have rightly pointed out, his play dropped off dramatically after his injury. He shot less, scored less and saw his +- go from +9 to -11. It sucks because it's not lack of heart, desire, determination or even the rest of his body, but it seems pretty obvious his sight simply will not allow him to be the player he was.

Whatever happens, I wish him nothing but the best. If he doesn't get to play again, I hope he will get some help adjusting to the transition. He seems like a great guy and I'd hate to see him turn bitter at such a young age!

Archived