The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Why trade away your character? Benning wants to start the best line up possible. He is already moving in plenty of rookies due to their waiver situation.

Baertschi, Clendening in.....Horvat and Vey stay as 2nd year players. That really is plenty of youth especially since Kassian is still trying to establish himself as a regular.

Don't forget, Benning wants to make the playoffs EVERY year.

Vey will remain the 13th forward. Kenins is the first forward call up.

Clendening and Stanton will be 7 & 8 D and Corrado will be the first D call up. IMO.

If I'm Corrado or his agent I wouldn't re sign IF ...IF Clendening ( the give away King of the blue line) starts ahead of him. I'd ask for a trade and failing that I wouldn't sign. They can't send him to Utica without waiving him so I guess that's his saving grace. I like JB as much as the next guy but WHY he signed both Clendening & Baertschi to basically guranteed roster spots goes against every thing, especally when they have a whole bunch of other RFA ( 12 )coming up to.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/VAN?year=2015

If I'm Corrado or his agent I wouldn't re sign IF ...IF Clendening ( the give away King of the blue line) starts ahead of him. I'd ask for a trade and failing that I wouldn't sign. They can't send him to Utica without waiving him so I guess that's his saving grace. I like JB as much as the next guy but WHY he signed both Clendening & Baertschi to basically guranteed roster spots goes against every thing, especally when they have a whole bunch of other RFA ( 12 )coming up to.

Corrado isn't good enough to be requesting a trade or not re-signing. Simple as that.

Corrado isn't good enough to be requesting a trade or not re-signing. Simple as that.

Also, what is Corrado's alternative. To sit out. If he does, he just proves to everyone he is a jerk and probably never plays in the NHL. Of course Corrado is not a jerk and will not be stupid enough to issue any "ultimatums". His job is simple; to keep quiet and play as well as he can.

And I don't want to be too impolite, but Fred65 seems to have missed the point of Benning's moves. Benning was able to pick up Baertschi and Clendening at low cost (2nd round picks) precisely because they will not be waiver exempt next year. And he wanted to build up that age category as years of poor drafting (until the Horvat year) left the Canucks without enough good young players ready for the NHL.

Both Baertschi and Clendening have shown they can play decently at the NHL level and both should show additional improvement next year.

Because, worst case scenario, Corrado comes in vastly improved and beats Clendening out for that spot and you trade Clendening.

Oh noes! :frantic:

:rolleyes:

of course we are having a vet fire sale in summer we can afford to lose players like kenins, corrado, clendenning, baerchi especially when they cost us 2nd rounders i say dorsett, hansen stay, burrows possibly bought out, higgins, hamhuis and bieska traded

sedin sedin kassian

baerchi bonino vrbata

kenins horvat virtanen

dorsett gaunce hansen

1st callups shinkaruk, cassels

edler tanev

sbisa corrado

stanton clendenning

lack

miller

No way you are serious.... troll? .. way to much youth.. wed get eatin alive. No way we trade hamhuis, or buy out burrows. Would like to shed bieksa tho.

Richardson out, Horvat 3C. With that move 4C opens for McCann... it's up to him to make the team after that.

-Baertschi is pretty much in, for waiver reasons...

Maybe Gaunce comes in at 4L, but who knows. I imagine this rn.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Kassian

Kenins Horvat Baertschi

Dorsett McCann Hansen

Matthias?? Dorsett has been resigned, McCann can push, Hansen>Matthias

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Clendening/Corrado

Sbisa Bieksa

Richardson out, Horvat 3C. With that move 4C opens for McCann... it's up to him to make the team after that.

-Baertschi is pretty much in, for waiver reasons...

Maybe Gaunce comes in at 4L, but who knows. I imagine this rn.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Kassian

Kenins Horvat Baertschi

Dorsett McCann Hansen

Matthias?? Dorsett has been resigned, McCann can push, Hansen>Matthias

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Clendening/Corrado

Sbisa Bieksa

Vey will be around as well and no burrows?, and I dint think McCann will make it next year. But hey if he does, ill be ecstatic. my lines would be as follows:(barring free agent signings)

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baertschi Bonino vrbata

Kennins Horvat burrows

Dorsett vey Hansen

Higgins

Edler tanev

Hamhuis corrado

Sbisa bieksa

Clendening

Would like to see bieksa gone. And a solid free agent signing

Vey will be around as well and no burrows?, and I dint think McCann will make it next year. But hey if he does, ill be ecstatic. my lines would be as follows:(barring free agent signings)

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baertschi Bonino vrbata

Kennins Horvat burrows

Dorsett vey Hansen

Higgins

Edler tanev

Hamhuis corrado

Sbisa bieksa

Clendening

Would like to see bieksa gone. And a solid free agent signing

OMG. I don't want to see Bieksa back. He's been a loyal trooper for us. But the last game has shown that he may be past his prime, and on a downhill swing. At this rate, he's a liability to the team. He's not helping them win.

And that last pairing is dreadful. Not sure why we continue to roll with them. Sbisa needs to be paired with someone else. How about Sbisa and Clendenning?

Bieksa traded for picks?

OMG. I don't want to see Bieksa back. He's been a loyal trooper for us. But the last game has shown that he may be past his prime, and on a downhill swing. At this rate, he's a liability to the team. He's not helping them win.

And that last pairing is dreadful. Not sure why we continue to roll with them. Sbisa needs to be paired with someone else. How about Sbisa and Clendenning?

Bieksa traded for picks?

Sbisa and Tanev as second pairing is my hope. If not next year, the one following.

Edler, legit 1st pair UFA/Trade

Sbisa, Tanev

Hamhuis, Corrado/Weber/Clendening

Archived