The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Happy to see Shinky lighting it up. Always had the skill, glad it's finally showing up on the scoreboard. Hopefully he'll push for a top 6 spot in a couple years, or better yet, this coming training camp. Team needs more young exciting talent, especially those who have a bone to pick with Calgary (Shinkaruk, and Bae)

I think Higgins will be traded for either a 2nd round pick (ideal) or a third round pick (most likely).

Even if Higgins is moved, Kenins is far more likely to take his (finally!) bottom 6 spot over Shink. Shink will almost definitely be in Utica for at least another year.

Sedin, Sedin, Kassian

Baer, Bonino, Vrbata

Burrows, Horvat, Hansen

Higgins, ???, Dorsett

Vey

4C is really the only spot open unless we start moving a LOT of guys. and as I said, Kenins gets that 4LW spot if Higgins is moved, not Shink.

I doubt it. Daniel, Baertschi and Higgins are all ahead of him in the depth chart. Daniel is Daniel, Baertschi must be in the NHL because of waivers, and Higgins is a veteran (Willie loves those) who is well suited to a bottom-6 role. Higgins has played waaaaay out of his comfort zone this year. I wouldn't want Shinkaruk on the 4th line either, especially if there are top line opportunities for him in Utica.

True... but what if that 4th line center is Horvat? Call me crazy but when these two guys got drafted together, I had dreams of them developing like Getzlaf-Perry did together.

I like Kenins but I think Shinkaruk has higher skill level so if Shinkaruk is ready to take up a spot next season, it might be on Horvat's wing.

Even if Higgins is moved, Kenins is far more likely to take his (finally!) bottom 6 spot over Shink. Shink will almost definitely be in Utica for at least another year.

Sedin, Sedin, Kassian

Baer, Bonino, Vrbata

Burrows, Horvat, Hansen

Higgins, ???, Dorsett

Vey

4C is really the only spot open unless we start moving a LOT of guys. and as I said, Kenins gets that 4LW spot if Higgins is moved, not Shink.

Yup agree 100%, good post man. Shink needs another year polishing his game in the A. And kennins is def ahead of hunter on the depth chart.

Sedin, Sedin, Kassian

Baer, Bonino, Vrbata

Burrows, Horvat, Hansen

Higgins, ???, Dorsett

Vey

That's true. Kenins is probably ahead on the depth chart, and it certainly couldn't hurt having Shinkaruk down in Utica for another year of seasoning.

To be honest though, if that's the roster we have at the start of next year, I'm going to be disappointed. I want at least a couple more young guys! :P

That's true. Kenins is probably ahead on the depth chart, and it certainly couldn't hurt having Shinkaruk down in Utica for another year of seasoning.

To be honest though, if that's the roster we have at the start of next year, I'm going to be disappointed. I want at least a couple more young guys! :P

Baer and possibly 4C is a couple guys :P

I'm not at all opposed to moving Vrbata this summer/at the deadline either and that would make space on RW.... ::D

Canucks 2016:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Sven B-Bonino-Vrbata

Matthias-Horvat-Burrows

Dorsett-Grenier-Hanson

Vey-McMillan

Higgins will be gone but there are others who could be also. A lot of big ??? involved. The d-core has ??? as well as I do think one of the top 4 will be gone as well.

Van simply has to get bigger.

Canucks 2016:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Sven B-Bonino-Vrbata

Matthias-Horvat-Burrows

Dorsett-Grenier-Hanson

Vey-McMillan

Higgins will be gone but there are others who could be also. A lot of big ??? involved. The d-core has ??? as well as I do think one of the top 4 will be gone as well.

Van simply has to get bigger.

bigger AND faster. not just bigger.

His enthusiasm when he scores and when his team wins is exactly what the Canucks need more of.

The unsung hero of the entire Canuck organization is Travis Green. .

Losing Green would be devastating.

Can't say enough about how he has handled Shink and Gaunce.

The unsung hero of the entire Canuck organization is Travis Green. .

Losing Green would be devastating.

Can't say enough about how he has handled Shink and Gaunce.

I agree 100%. Green took some heat on here and other boards for not just inserting high end prospects into top line minutes right from the start of the season but development is a process. And the process has steps that need to be completed before moving on to the next step. When all is said and done Greener is developing complete hockey players that should have a foundation for a long successful career.

Archived