The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

I can see Shinkaruk making the team next year, however only if his training camp is "spectacular." Our prospects are indeed exciting and I can't wait to see who we pick this year. IMO this is what we will look like post Sedin era:

Shinkaruk-???-Virtanen

Baertschi-Horvat-Kassian

Gaunce-McCann-Jensen

Kenins-Cassels-Grenier

I still believe we need that true first line centre. Bo could have it in him however I see him being more of a excellent second liner. Kesler quality. As for Cassels he has the offensive upside to play up in the lineup, however with our centre depth I believe 4th/3rd is where he will play and gaunce will be moved to the wing in favour of McCann. I also have a good feeling about Shink and Virtanen, if mixed with a good play making centre (Barzal) the trio could be lethal. Size, speed, smarts and skill.

There is absolutely no way that every single one of our forward prospects pans out...

There is absolutely no way that every single one of our forward prospects pans out...

Not saying they will all fit into those roles as realistically we will have some trades and some UFA signings but…. that’s not every single one of our prospects. There is a ton of other prospect drafted in the later rounds that likely don’t end up making the NHL, But in that list, there is 8 first round picks, 4 of them drafted in the top 15. All the players are on the right path in development and I won’t be surprised to see 8 of the 11 players listed make the NHL (3 of them already are).

Time will tell. I'm curious if will see mccan convert to wing at some point . That will likely depend on the development of cole Cassels. Kids an overage I believe but he's super talented. Curious how it will translate. He didn't look to impressing last pre season but he looks good in the o. ( this year )

-McCann and Horvat will likely be our #1 and #2 C's...whomever ends up with the higher offensive ceiling wins.

-Cassels is not an overage player and he may not have looked impressive last preseason because he had mono and didn't play. The first year after his draft he had a great preseason and was one of the later cuts.

-Cassels is not an overage player and he may not have looked impressive last preseason because he had mono and didn't play. The first year after his draft he had a great preseason and was one of the later cuts.

He was actually cut early that year. I was surprised since he had a solid young stars tournament.

Seems like Shinkaruk is snake bitten again. 35 shots still only 3 goals (0 for his last 25 shots, I think)

Another year in Utica being "the guy" would definitely benefit him

He does seem to be a bit snake bitten, but he is creating chances every game. He has gotten a lot stronger on the forecheck, and has started to win board battles. I could see him netting one tonight !

Seems like Shinkaruk is snake bitten again. 35 shots still only 3 goals (0 for his last 25 shots, I think)

A turn to not scoring on chances is often puck luck and doesn't really say much about his game. I happen to agree that he will be best served with another year in Utica, but to me that isn't because he's on a 0 for ~25 streak.

It'd be worse if he wasn't getting shots. It'd mean he's being shut down. As long as he is making plays happen that's good enough for me. Although getting some goals would be just dandy as well.

Archived