The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn't say they're the same category at all. Unless you're generalizing them as both smaller players.

Shinkaruk is faster, more tenacious retrieving the puck, and has a much better shot. He's also a goal scorer, not a playmaker.

Vey has better vision and can cycle the puck, but his skating is a bit of an issue for a player his size. He also needs to shoot the puck more and battle for loose pucks.

The type of players who if not good enough to be top 6, can't be bottom six due to size, and that's the only way for them to stay in the NHL, to be a legit top 6.

Tenacious with retrieving the puck is just as good as being able to cycle or keep possession. And Vey is definitely battling for loose pucks much more this year

And of course, Shink won't be a goalscorer if Vey is a better puck shooter than him and Vey won't be a playmaker if Shink is has better vision.

2 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

The type of players who if not good enough to be top 6, can't be bottom six due to size, and that's the only way for them to stay in the NHL, to be a legit top 6.

Tenacious with retrieving the puck is just as good as being able to cycle or keep possession. And Vey is definitely battling for loose pucks much more this year

And of course, Shink won't be a goalscorer if Vey is a better puck shooter than him and Vey won't be a playmaker if Shink is has better vision.

Could you translate this into Melmacian (ENGLISH) so I can understand.  Who is better, and at what?:shock:

2 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

It's alot easier to be a smaller winger than it is to be a smaller center. And Vey doesn't have the speed to shift to wing.

Vey will be back in the minors soon enough, there's just no place for him down the middle. Shinkaruk on the other hand will have lots of opportunities in the top 9 left winger slot.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I know what Yzerman thinks Drouin is worth, but what do we think?

Drouin is definately the better player, but he hasn't performed well in the NHL or AHL so far.  I think Shinks + a high 2nd would be the starting point.

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Shinkaruk worth Drouin?  Is Drouin an upgrade? 

Shink doesn't have Drouin's ceiling but in my opinion he's far more likely to reach his. 

I'd keep Shink  personally. They're the guys you win with. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well if we're basing it on the Turris trade which I think is a reasonable comparison, then the price should be around McCann or Shinkaruk and a 2nd.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Drouin is definately the better player, but he hasn't performed well in the NHL or AHL so far.  I think Shinks + a high 2nd would be the starting point.

So how about Shonk and the Torts second?  I'd throw in Pedan (there, does that spelling keep the spell hounds from growling?) if it takes more.  We need some frickin elite talent!

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Which between Kirby Rychel and Shink would be more of a JB kind of guy?  I'm wondering if that might be a trade that could have some legs?  

Why do we always have to trade trade trade everything we have? Why not develop our own players and core, let them grow as a team together.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So how about Shonk and the Torts second?  I'd throw in Pedan (there, does that spelling keep the spell hounds from growling?) if it takes more.  We need some frickin elite talent!

I wouldn't want to see them lose Pedan as I think he's going to be really good.  

13 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Hasn't Drouin averaged like a 1/2 pt a game in the NHL? Considering his age I think that's not bad at all. 

Archived