The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

That's a standard nickname formula! Another hockey nickname generater is adding -sy to the last name. In this case it wouldn't work! Casselsy? Nah.

CoCa is much better!

In my humble opinion. lol

It's quite simple. Nat King Cole. Of course, the Nat part makes no sense, so shorten to King Cole.

Kidding, of course. Let the kid earn it next year...

After Period 3

Cassels: 1 assist, +2

On night: 4 assists, +3, 1 minor penalty

- McDavid has come to play, despite being pointless. Involved in two consecutive scoring opportunities on two different lines, back-to-back, early in the 3rd. Another one came a few minutes later. Currently at the first commercial break and I think McDavid has been triple-shifting so far this period. That probably won't change. I keep thinking "Huh, Cassels is out against Strome... Oh wait, McDavid's on his wing, of course..."

- Through 2.5 periods I've been disappointed with Dal Colle. He drew a penalty that led to a goal and got a PP assist but he has been mostly ineffective at 5v5. He's matched against the Strome line and they've sort of neutralized each other. Not much from the 5th overall pick of last year and not much from a guy going around there this year. I have seen none of the elite skill that MDC has played with all year up to this point. To be fair, his centre has been Michael McCarron, who's a good player but not exactly a premier centre.

- Less than 6 minutes left now. Not a lot going on, which is great for the Generals. The entire Oshawa team has done a good job here of breaking up passes and pressuring Otters skaters.

- Grade A chance for McDavid - Strome - DeBrincat with the Generals scrambling a bit in their own end but nothing to show for it... again.

- Latour with a breakaway goal and it's 5-2 Generals. HUGE goal! Cassels has been on the ice for 4 Oshawa goals.

- On the very next shift, McDavid is robbed by Ken Appleby on a breakaway. Crazy back-to-back shift here...

- Otters goalie is pulled after an Erie timeout for 6-on-5. An Oshawa penalty leads to 6-on-4...

- Cassels with an assist on an empty net goal to make it 6-2 Generals.. Game's over, Generals win the OHL championship and go on to play in the Memorial Cup in Quebec!

MVP of the game for me is Cole Cassels, with a slight edge over Ken Appleby who made some fantastic saves late in the game.

Cassels shutdown McDavid in all situations, won lots of key faceoffs, and picked up assists on the PP. What an incredible game from him. Wow.

After Period 3

Cassels: 1 assist, +2

On night: 4 assists, +3, 1 minor penalty

- McDavid has come to play, despite being pointless. Involved in two consecutive scoring opportunities on two different lines, back-to-back, early in the 3rd. Another one came a few minutes later. Currently at the first commercial break and I think McDavid has been triple-shifting so far this period. That probably won't change. I keep thinking "Huh, Cassels is out against Strome... Oh wait, McDavid's on his wing, of course..."

- Through 2.5 periods I've been disappointed with Dal Colle. He drew a penalty that led to a goal and got a PP assist but he has been mostly ineffective at 5v5. He's matched against the Strome line and they've sort of neutralized each other. Not much from the 5th overall pick of last year and not much from a guy going around there this year. I have seen none of the elite skill that MDC has played with all year up to this point. To be fair, his centre has been Michael McCarron, who's a good player but not exactly a premier centre.

- Less than 6 minutes left now. Not a lot going on, which is great for the Generals. The entire Oshawa team has done a good job here of breaking up passes and pressuring Otters skaters.

- Grade A chance for McDavid - Strome - DeBrincat with the Generals scrambling a bit in their own end but nothing to show for it... again.

- Latour with a breakaway goal and it's 5-2 Generals. HUGE goal! Cassels has been on the ice for 4 Oshawa goals.

- On the very next shift, McDavid is robbed by Ken Appleby on a breakaway. Crazy back-to-back shift here...

- Otters goalie is pulled after an Erie timeout for 6-on-5. An Oshawa penalty leads to 6-on-4...

- Cassels with an assist on an empty net goal to make it 6-2 Generals.. Game's over, Generals win the OHL championship and go on to play in the Memorial Cup in Quebec!

MVP of the game for me is Cole Cassels, with a slight edge over Ken Appleby who made some fantastic saves late in the game.

Cassels shutdown McDavid in all situations, won lots of key faceoffs, and picked up assists on the PP. What an incredible game from him. Wow.

Thanks for all the updates!!

Archived