The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

canucks 4c behind vey

I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding this, do you mean that Vey is 3C? If so, that means one of Henrik, Bonino or Horvat is traded or moved to the wing.

If Cassels works into 4C, I imagine that Vey gets moved to a wing.

I don't want to jinx it but doesn't it seem like we finally got some luck when it comes to cassels? 3rd round pick that could turn into a premier 3rd line centre? Thank Gillis you get way to much hate around here.

Yes his one good draft makes up for years of atrocious drafting. Good job Gillis.

I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding this, do you mean that Vey is 3C? If so, that means one of Henrik, Bonino or Horvat is traded or moved to the wing.

If Cassels works into 4C, I imagine that Vey gets moved to a wing

its good possibility he does considering bonino is better in the dot although i see bonino as a shutdown scorer horvat in the middle maybe hansen on the wing

vey at 3c with baertschi and burrows

its good possibility he does considering bonino is better in the dot although i see bonino as a shutdown scorer horvat in the middle maybe hansen on the wing

vey at 3c with baertschi and burrows

I think it's far more likely you see Bonino/Horvat as our second and third C's and Vey play on the wing. Him playing anywhere other than 4C is going to require trades and/or injuries.

I think it's far more likely you see Bonino/Horvat as our second and third C's and Vey play on the wing. Him playing anywhere other than 4C is going to require trades and/or injuries.

your right.100 % i hope personally hope to see horvat take on 2c by deadline. if vey cant centre then we need to move him to wing. 3rd/2nd depth on the wing shouldnt be playing 4c. even if he did manage to muster up equal points to hovo

Bonino starts as 2C and Horvat takes it away by Christmas. Bonino drops to 3C where he should have been all along.

I agree Vey will be on the wing.

The fact that he couldn't even participate in the prospects camp shows how much of a warrior he was in the Playoffs for the Gens. This is a guy we need going forward. Now let's talk about his facial expressions...

Uh dude. I don't even think he was 2-3 PPG... Cassels suck. What a waste of a third round pick. Should've drafted Lipon or Bjorkstrand instead.

Uh dude. I don't even think he was 2-3 PPG... Cassels suck. What a waste of a third round pick. Should've drafted Lipon or Bjorkstrand instead.

2-3 PPG in the AHL is what desi requires of prospective NHL'ers. The fact Cassels was like 1.5 PPG in the CHL is just pathetic, and likely spells the end to his sorry career. Stick a fork in him.

2-3 PPG in the AHL is what desi requires of prospective NHL'ers. The fact Cassels was like 1.5 PPG in the CHL is just pathetic, and likely spells the end to his sorry career. Stick a fork in him.

Lol the ironic thing is he actually believes Bo-sang is an nhl calibre player about to break out....dude is almost 30....

Forget what I said earlier, we should've drafted Bo-Sang with this pick. I bet we didn't because of Lidster.

Darnn you Doug Lidster!

Lol the ironic thing is he actually believes Bo-sang is an nhl calibre player about to break out....dude is almost 30....

Not just an NHL caliber player but an NHL caliber superstar. As my sig suggests, I don't think desi knows he actually got a fairly extended look with Carolina and fizzled. Oh well, we passed up on Bo-Sang for this idiot Cassels. Time to move on :frantic:

Forget what I said earlier, we should've drafted Bo-Sang with this pick. I bet we didn't because of Lidster.

Darnn you Doug Lidster!

Not just Lidster but Weber too! They're conspiring to keep Bo-Sang from breaking out and keep the Canucks suffering without a Bobby-Orr caliber threat on the blue line.

This is a team game, people are trying to make it seem like he single handedly shut McDavid down or something, the Generals were the best defensive team in the OHL were they not?

The way I see it, Cassels will be in AHL for 2 or 3 years with some call ups along the way. He is not a great skater from what I have seen and will need awhile to adjust to NHL speed.

He's been a pleasant surprise for a 3rd rounder but this whole "shut down McJesus thing seems to have excited this fan base into unrealistic expectations for Cole

So much this. The whole team's sole game.plan to win the series was to shutdown McDavid. When he was on the ice everyone just went to him. I'm sure Cole did a great job but by no means did he shutdown McDavid on his own and once McDavid is surrounded by NHL players not scrubs he'll be even harder to shut down.

Archived