The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Don't know why you are saying he has outperformed Dal Colle. Dal Colle is an offensve dynamo and also plays a decent two way game, if it wasn't for him, Cassels wouldn't be putting up nearly as many points.

I would also like to add that McDavid is already a LOCK for MVP. He has 20 more points than the next closest forward (49) 2nd closest Dal Colle (29) and I believe MacJesus is only 2 points away from the all time single season playoff points record but I could be wrong on that one.

5v5 Cassels doesn't play with MDC and also Cassels plays with higher quality of competition (McDavid for example). They have similar amount of points so I also agree Cassels has outperformed MDC so far.

I remember EXACTLY where I was when he layed out Selanne. It HAS to be up there as THE best hit in Canucks history.

I remember where I was. Watching Domi try to fight the entire bench adapter that hit lol! What a hit. Peca cracked a bone in his cheek with that hit.

Those were the days, owning the Jets lol.

It's a shame that McDavid has dominated like no one else before in the playoffs, cuz if the Generals win, Cassels could've had a shot at the playoff MVP award. Right now, McDavid has 26 more points than the 2nd best productive Otter, averaging more than 1 goal per game. That's just ridiculous. He is also deemed to be "the next Sidney Crosby", and will go 1st overall in this years draft. Even if the Otters lose this series, he will be the playoff MVP, obviously. Even before the playoffs started, i was hoping for a Generals vs Greyhounds final, that could've been a great series. Not saying that only because 2 of our best prospects (McCann and Cassels) plays for the respective teams, i just think they were the best teams. The Otters wouldn't be anything without McDavid. Not even sure if the Otters deserve the term "team" since they're a one-man show.

It's a shame that McDavid has dominated like no one else before in the playoffs, cuz if the Generals win, Cassels could've had a shot at the playoff MVP award. Right now, McDavid has 26 more points than the 2nd best productive Otter, averaging more than 1 goal per game. That's just ridiculous. He is also deemed to be "the next Sidney Crosby", and will go 1st overall in this years draft. Even if the Otters lose this series, he will be the playoff MVP, obviously. Even before the playoffs started, i was hoping for a Generals vs Greyhounds final, that could've been a great series. Not saying that only because 2 of our best prospects (McCann and Cassels) plays for the respective teams, i just think they were the best teams. The Otters wouldn't be anything without McDavid. Not even sure if the Otters deserve the term "team" since they're a one-man show.

They do have Strome aswell.

Cassels will win the MVP for the memorial cup

They do have Strome aswell.

Cassels will win the MVP for the memorial cup

Strome has been pretty much a non-factor in this series. You would think with McDavid getting all the tough match-ups, that Strome would have plenty of room to participate offensively. He hasn't done that. I know he was great in the regular season as far as production goes, but i think he's kinda overrated, since he could possibly go 3rd overall in 1 of the best drafts (judging by top-talent) in a long time. How many points would he have had if he wasn't playing on the same team as McDavid? He's obviously a great prospect though.

Did anyone manage to snag a video of the overtime winner last night? Would love to see it.

If Oshawa eliminates Erie, that's gotta put them as the favorite to win Memorial Cup. If Cassels can shut down McDavid, I don't think any other team is going to have a line that he can't handle.

I was thinking the same thing. Normally the MVP winner is from the winning team (like when Horvat won the OHL MVP award) but it is hard to argue about McDavid. How could any player be more valuable to his team than McDavid, Without him Erie goes nowhere in the playoffs.

But if Oshawa wins and people take the view that the MVP should come from the winning team it has to be Cassels. He is third in scoring, behind McDavid and Dal Colle, but is only two points behind Dal Colle and has more goals. But obviously Cassels plays a much more important defensive role than Dal Colle. If we take McDavid out of the equation I think Cassels wins easily, which is great to see for Canuck fans.

Richardson on a 1-yr. deal then Cassels at 4C in 2016-7. The kid is a winner. We are going to be one nasty team down the middle in a couple of years.

We may not have that luxury. Richardson is probably looking for (and has arguably earned) a 2-3 year deal. If we don't give him one, someone else likely will.

Now we could re-sign him for 2-3 and move him/Cassels to wing for a year and/or trade Richardson... I'm just saying it's not likely to be quite as clean and simple as your example there.

Archived