The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

This pick looks solid as well. Ohlund-lite?

I hope he pans out.

I watched him this year. He's pretty good but doesn't really wow you. Almost plays the game too safe. I think he's gonna have to work on stepping out of his comfort zone and trying more if he's to crack the nhl. Hopefully when the big guns leave next year he takes on that bigger role. Learn to control the game a bit and not just play safety net.

I watched him this year. He's pretty good but doesn't really wow you. Almost plays the game too safe. I think he's gonna have to work on stepping out of his comfort zone and trying more if he's to crack the nhl. Hopefully when the big guns leave next year he takes on that bigger role. Learn to control the game a bit and not just play safety net.

Is he phyisical?

Who cares if he play it safe, defenseman are there to keep the puck out of the net.

We got Edler and Vatanen for the scoring.

Cederholm may never be a "wow" defensemen.

He is built to play a safe and reliable game. His calling card is being that stable stop gap on the backend who plays a physical branded game. It would be nice to see a more offensive game out of him, but if he can continue to be a steady dman, and play physical thats good enough for me. Don't force him to play a branded hockey game that he isn't meant for. Play him to his strengths and focus on those, and if he can own his strengths, he will have a good shot in the big leagues. Pretty sure the Canucks drafted him because they liked the way he plays being a "safe" player, and that is why he has been playing well so far.

a prospect I hope they cook in the WHL for as long as possible. Given the recent record of Winterhawks prospects, it would not hurt to let him develop more in Portland.

I believe I read on twitter there's still 2 more years left of junior eligibility for him. Let him play big minutes and develop a solid defensive game and perhaps a little bit of offense.

Seems like he didn't really have the so called North American transition problem as other defenseman coming over from Europe. Hope he keeps playing well in the playoffs and next 2 seasons in the WHL.

When do you guys think this monster will be ready to play on the team?

Next year? I mean this guy can be a top 4 pairing, who needs points when you can shut down players.

I would think he's likely 4+ years away from cracking the Canucks unless he makes a massive leap forward in the next year or two.

A couple years of Junior and a couple on the Comets.

a prospect I hope they cook in the WHL for as long as possible. Given the recent record of Winterhawks prospects, it would not hurt to let him develop more in Portland.

I believe I read on twitter there's still 2 more years left of junior eligibility for him. Let him play big minutes and develop a solid defensive game and perhaps a little bit of offense.

Seems like he didn't really have the so called North American transition problem as other defenseman coming over from Europe. Hope he keeps playing well in the playoffs and next 2 seasons in the WHL.

the coaches seemed confident that he does have an offensive upside. that will definitely be something the want him to focus on.

the coaches seemed confident that he does have an offensive upside. that will definitely be something the want him to focus on.

With the graduation of Pouliot and Dumba after this season, hopefully he can show it. I imagine he'll be paired with 2015 draft eligible OFD Keoni Texiera

With him being an import and 19....can he not report to Utica?

As noted early on in the thread, since he wasn't drafted out of the CHL but rather came over to play there after being drafted he doesn't fall under the CHL/NHL transfer rule. It's probably in his best interest to get another year of junior though before moving up to the AHL.

As noted early on in the thread, since he wasn't drafted out of the CHL but rather came over to play there after being drafted he doesn't fall under the CHL/NHL transfer rule. It's probably in his best interest to get another year of junior though before moving up to the AHL.

Thx King....and ya....longggg thread to re-read.....thx again tho

some offensive development in portland before making the pro jump would be huge for his future projection in a line up.

Yeah, if it's going to happen, it'll have to start at the junior level. The 8 point streak at the start of the season wasn't followed by any kind of consistency, but hopefully he can improve at least a little on that before moving to the AHL.

Archived