The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Remains Unhappy - Refusing Interview Requests - Continuing to Explore Options

Those aren't sources. It's a blog and a twitter account for 2 people who haven't spoken to Luo, but are only reporting what they heard somewhere else. (And as far as I know, the "looking into my options" was like the day of the trade. Hardly a good time to get a clear picture of where his head will be come next season.)

Seriously, Luo's not talking to the press. So what? How many people here have said he should shut up sometimes? He's taking time to get used to the idea, to chill, and to make sure that he doesn't say anything that will cause a firestorm that will ruin his entire summer due to mean media mania.

If he's still not talking or saying he's "considering his options" come late August then we'll panic. Until then, I'm not worried.

At some poin even you are going to have to admit that something is going on and we may not see Lou back, even Apollo is understanding this I'm sure. This is not about Lou's skill is hart or anything else it's about us screwing with him telling him we didn't want him, not being able to trade him so taking him back as a second choice. He's pissed and wants out, we should have let him out but that's in the past now. At this point we need to start looking at who can fill his shoes because as much money as he will not get by sitting out he's still got a hell of a lot in the bank and he may not care.

With all the drama that the media....and this board.... are creating around this, Would YOU want to talk to anyone?

He has said NOTHING at all about this, negative or otherwise and its making everyone NUTS!

Where there is no drama, our media is exceptional at creating it. Its what they get paid to do! To take fans and create drama to sell their articles and they use PURE SPECULATION to do it!

And like idiots, EVERYONE falls for it!

Give Luongo a break! Give him some time to digest this! He will be back between the pipes for this team in October as the #1 again doing EVERYTHING he can to help this team win!

AS ALWAYS!

Now....CALM THE HELL DOWN!

I wouldn't question Luongo's professionalism at all. Any professional would be unhappy with being disrespected like this. His life and future being treated to a roller coaster ride by his employer. Yes he makes a bunch of money but these guys are human beings not just slabs of meat.

I hope to God he comes back but as time passes I'm thinking we might be in real trouble here.

The Canucks have screwed a lot of things up but have they ever screwed anything up as bad as this? Someone start a topic about who we will move forward with in goal if Lou doesn't come back, I would but I'd spoil my impressive streak of zero topics ever started.

Lu expected this summer to be relaxing and now it is not. He is trying to re-cooperate by taking some time off and not thinking about hockey. The more he is hounded, the less time he will have to realize he is so god damn fortunate to make 5mil a year playing the best game in the world.

Lord knows that the media in this town will see it in their best interest to run Lu out of town, because what a story that would make. Eastern media would love to pick that story up. I'm sure Botch, Willes, Gallagher et al. will do what they can to subtly sabotage Lu's return.

Also millions of fans such as you and many others who show no respect whatsoever to a franchise player like Luongo. Geez.

Sure, he makes millions, but you know what? He has EARNED every penny of that. He has the right to do what he wants at this point. It's not like he asked to be in this position, management and fans chose this, and now they crawl back to him like a whiny school girl?

Pathetic

Archived