The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Remains Unhappy - Refusing Interview Requests - Continuing to Explore Options

Did I say crying? But they are going back are they not? Sending first Aqulini, then Gillis, and finally Tortorella to talk to the big boss. If all they wanted to do was tell him to do his job, they wouldn't go out of their way to meet Lu at his house.

Oh, and yeah, it would be lol if he leaves... Until we miss the playoffs. That would be really funny wouldn't it?

A small segment of fans at a game in Vancouver do not represent the fans of the entire community of Canucks supporters.

I listen to every game on the computer/ Team 1040 radio as I live in Asia in the Canadian winter.

Luongo has matured and so has his game

In the end he will do what he wants to as he has plenty of funds to back a decision to leave here,if he so chooses.

Also millions of fans such as you and many others who show no respect whatsoever to a franchise player like Luongo. Geez.

Sure, he makes millions, but you know what? He has EARNED every penny of that. He has the right to do what he wants at this point. It's not like he asked to be in this position, management and fans chose this, and now they crawl back to him like a whiny school girl?

Pathetic

http://blogs.vancouv...gn-for-canucks/

Roberto Luongo is heading to Las Vegas this weekend to play in the World Series of Poker Main Event tournament, where he will represent the B.C. Lottery Corp.'s PlayNow.com brand.

Normally, Luongo would do some interviews to help promote PlayNow.com before sitting down to play in the $10,000 buy-in Texas hold 'em event.

But Luongo is refusing to do live interviews to promote his appearance and for the Vancouver Canucks, that is not a good sign. Clearly, Luongo knows he would be asked hockey questions in any interview and his refusal to talk suggests he still isn't ready to say he's okay with coming back to Vancouver to be the Canucks' No. 1 goalie.

Luongo has even cancelled a scheduled interview with the morning show on 99.3 The Fox, which is a longtime PlayNow.com sponsor.

Instead, BCLC will take "poker" questions on Twitter to Luongo, who will then provide a video-taped reply.

Chances are, any questions along the lines of 'how do you feel about that Schneider trade to New Jersey' won't be answered.

https://mobile.twitt...202291198799874

Roberto Luongo is still looking at his options. We don't know yet if he'll accept to go back to Vancouver. #RDS

If he doesn't come back were f@cked!

He had little trade value before, it's less now. Substantially. The only way we could swing him is in a package with Edler. Which would still leave us with a decent goalie. We still have a top 6 guy, and a right handed defenceman to find. Along with depth players for the bottom six.

On top of that were gonna need to replace him, too?

Might as well roll with Lack and Ericsson. Get what you can from the package.

I'm not a bandwagon fan. I've been a die hard fan for for 25 years. However, I'm very logical. I think the window closed for this team last year.

If Vancouver wants the cup, were gonna have to start dealing out vets now. Keep the character boys like Hamhuis, Garrison, Burrows even. Deal juice, Kes, Edler, Booth, Luongo...

In two to three years we could ice a team with three lines of high end prospects, mostly on entry level contracts still. Put your money in your defence and your first line. Pay Lack and Erricsson accordingly.

Are you kdding me that's like saying alll the players should like the coach. He's a pro he gets paid $5,000,000.00 per season. Do you love your work to you getting up each and every day and dragging your butt down to work...to pay your mortgage and feed the kids.

By the way our savious has just been signed and I'm sure it will only help Luongo skip into camp smiling....MG just signed Brad Richardson, the question is .....WHY

Archived