The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Remains Unhappy - Refusing Interview Requests - Continuing to Explore Options

What the hell is there to say at this point?

Wow?

Let it die for awhile....this is the off season and he officially doesn't have to report on anything at this stage. Of course he'll play it cool, wouldn't you? Don't blame him...he likely isn't all sunshine and roses but also likely realizes that he is a bi-product of the situation he signed on for. Big, long contracts are only good when everyone's happy and on board.

Give it time....?

Luongo plays. Signs big contract. Everyone freaks out, people bash him. Two years in a row, people calling for his head. People saying to trade him. Media saying he's on the block. Management saying he's on the block. Management saying he will be moved. They move the other goalie. People rage at Luongo, tell him to suck it up and play. People bashing him for not wanting to play here. People on CDC are hilarious. People that were bashing him and wanting him traded are now mad cause he doesn't want to put up with the kind of crap people have been saying and what the management has been doing here.

Seriously. Some people just want to use any excuse to not like the guy.

There is not a single journalist that has anything good to say about this team these days.

And you wonder WHY Luongo doesn't want to talk to anybody?

Why would YOU want to talk to trash Botchford and then have what you say spun into negativity?

Seriously, I'm happy noone is speaking to these clowns. It's no ones business but their own. We'll find out when we find out.

MG isn't going to make him retire if he doesn't want to report to the Canuck's. MG will give him until near the start of training camp if he then says he does not want to play for the Canuck's he will be told to waive his NTC completely and then be traded for as much as they can get IF no team wants to trade for him he will be waived if no one picks him up MG will tell him he tried and then tell him he can either report or wait a year and be bought out or traded during the summer again.

Lou for miller straight up. I wouldn't come back if I were Lou. Van treated him like crap.. And I don't want him back either. Gillis is so dumb. Made a mess of all this when he should of traded Lou a year ago

By not reporting he is asking for a trade while he has a NTC if both sides agree it doesn't matter what his contract says. If he wants to play hockey next year on a different team he will waive his NTC and possible go to a team that will make the playoffs if he doesn't want to waive it and just say trade me to this team or that team and neither those teams want him he will just get waived and most likely end up on a terrible team or picked up by no one and be left either playing for Vancouver or sitting out the year.

Not only that but who embarrassing would it be if was waived and no one picked him up?

Wonder what ownership thinks....

Do they can MG over the piss poor asset management, call Lou and say all the trolls involved with this mess are now gone..... or keep backing MG and risk having a disgruntled player the team still owes 40mil to?

I'd start new and get rid of MG

Clearly Luongo is not happy with the situation. You can say all you want about how everyone is speculating here but if the guy was happy to be back we'd of heard from him by now that much is for sure. I for one would find it hilarious for this to all spew back in MG face.

By not reporting he is asking for a trade while he has a NTC if both sides agree it doesn't matter what his contract says. If he wants to play hockey next year on a different team he will waive his NTC and possible go to a team that will make the playoffs if he doesn't want to waive it and just say trade me to this team or that team and neither those teams want him he will just get waived and most likely end up on a terrible team or picked up by no one and be left either playing for Vancouver or sitting out the year.

Not only that but who embarrassing would it be if was waived and no one picked him up?

If ever there was a time ( and there have been many) to fire MG it is now! How can any player and especially Lou have any faith in the words of that lying sack of human waste. Very little possibility of attracting new talent with an inept and dishonest moron at the helm.

Perhaps a change in management would give Lou some confidence and desire to stay with Vancouver.

Archived