The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] If Luongo demands to be traded.

Montreal is screaming for size at centre. Yesterday in an interview, Bergevin was calming concerns over the lack of size at this position. He said they are hard to acquire as other teams hold on to them.

I suggest:

Luongo,Lain for. Price

If Lain is signed for not more than 1.2, the cap going both ways would equal or close if signed for less.

I would prefer to keep our players and only propose this as an option to this post.

haha the stupidity on the board astounds me sometimes. So a guy that was so untradeable less than a week ago that they had to trade Schneider instead will suddenly get you a young franchise goalie who is only 25 and likely hasnt even peaked yet. AND they get a supposed 50 point defenseman who's never actually hit 50 points who has not been the same since a serious back injury. Montreal also has the pleasure of taking on an extra $2.5 M in cap. Oh, and let's completely ignore the two NTC's ForLuongo and Edler

If Fucale turns out to be as good as Price, why would they want the exact same situation we had here? Obviously, there is some doubt in Montreal, whether or not Price is their guy moving forward, or else they wouldn't have drafted Fucale. You trade Price now, and get some assets while you still can, or wait until later and GMs start to lowball you offers for Price.

At least, if they trade for Luongo, they still get an elite goalie for 3-5 years. That will be plenty of time for Fucale to develop into an elite goalie, plus he gets to learn from one of the best, behind Luongo.

Nowadays, NTC means nothing. It's just a cheap way for GMs to secure the FAs they want. Players waive NTC from left to right, if its time for a change of scenery.

It amazes me that people think a player who has been untradeable for over a year will suddenly net an amazing return. He isn't any younger, he still has the same punitive contract, I'm sure he's not suddenly a better goalie.

What am I missing?

Archived