The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Seguin was traded due to excessive partying

i thought their GM came out and said his comments were taken out of context and when he said he needed to mature he said it was related to his on ice play and had nothing to do with anything to do with his off ice life orextracurricular activites.... and also explained they didnt have room for him to advance and he would be stuck as a third line centre.....sound familar? difference was boston traded their awesome young centre for real talent....

i thought their GM came out and said his comments were taken out of context and when he said he needed to mature he said it was related to his on ice play and had nothing to do with anything to do with his off ice life orextracurricular activites.... and also explained they didnt have room for him to advance and he would be stuck as a third line centre.....sound familar? difference was boston traded their awesome young centre for real talent....

If he's partying every single night and doing it throughout the season, playoffs, and Stanley Cup Final, there's a problem. Players like Richards, Carter, and Kane were notorious for partying in the off-season.

Who cares. Who in their young twenties doesnt want to party and have a good time. A lot of these hockey players have never been to university and theyre just going out to experience what every kid should experience. I really dont get those that are being critical of it. Maybe in the playoffs he could have given it a break, otherwise, he's just being young and doing what every kid should do.

His dad says it wasn't excessive and he never went out on game night. He also said the guard thing wasn't true. Of course his parents may be biased but the whole partying thing seems overblown. I really don't see why NHL players can't go out and party hard a bit as long as it doesn't effect their play.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/07/05/tyler_seguins_mom_lashes_out_at_boston_media_over_partying_reports.html

It mean's that having tons of money and being 21 it would be no surprise he's not as professional as he's supposed to be.

As long has he's not getting pictures taken with Gary Coleman holding a beer, and wearing only a towel I'm sure he's fine.

He just has some growing up to do.

Archived