The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins Future

Tangerines

Actually i do get it... I said under the condition they understand its to benefit the team, and if they are willing to benefit the team they will waive them. And i also understand that their NTC state they have to be moved together, but i also believe it says they can opt out of that and be moved separately.

Gillis needs to sign them to 3 year 13.5 mil contracts.. No way he should ever trade them

Or let them walk as ufa.. Their style of play suits older players since it is not about speed. Cycling the puck is their game and I don't see why they can't be 70 pt players into their late 30s.

Trade them at the deadline for a first and two very good prospects (think Gaunce like). At the draft trade that first and the two prospects and draft Aaron Ekblad. In free agency sign the Sedins to a one year contract. Do the same thing as last trade deadline and the same thing at the draft and get Connor McDavid. Rinse and repeat. Have five elite studs. Bring them up all at the same time, on their ELCs, in 2019. Get the Sedins to sign for one year, minimum wage. Win the cup.

DONE AND DONE.

Have a question on expansion draft,(protecting players), & a possible approach with the twins. It's been a while since we've had one, but I anticipate the owners doing this soon, for the exp fees alone. Anyone know how many players can be protected? If it's a UFA, I assume they don't require protection(thus a team's younger key pieces can be held intact, more easily).

If MG & the twins agree, they could just keep signing one yr at a time, to gain some roster advantage.

Trade them at the deadline for a first and two very good prospects (think Gaunce like). At the draft trade that first and the two prospects and draft Aaron Ekblad. In free agency sign the Sedins to a one year contract. Do the same thing as last trade deadline and the same thing at the draft and get Connor McDavid. Rinse and repeat. Have five elite studs. Bring them up all at the same time, on their ELCs, in 2019. Get the Sedins to sign for one year, minimum wage. Win the cup.

DONE AND DONE.

I cannot believe the amount of people who are asking Sedins to sign for 3-4m... You are bashing our management for treating our players like crap and yet you ask them to sign the number 1 and 2 point getters of our organization to sign for half of what they're making now?? That's insane!

If we are to re-sign them, it will be at least 6m.. And I'd be more than happy if they sign for 4 more years at that Cap hit

I'd think that the Sedins could re-sign with our team for 5-5.5m minimum if not the same amount they are making now. Any less would be an insult.

We'll have to wait and see based on the results of this season after all. If the Canucks fall apart, which is possible but probably not likely, the Sedins could possibly split up in free agency (Daniel to Detroit?).

I was thinking that as well. But I think its going to come down to this.

1. How do we fare this year? Does our youth step up and provide the injection of energy, feistyness and push that we need to show we can still challenge?

2. If they do, I think the Sedin's come back for 2-3 years at 4 per, to save some room. They want a cup, they want one here. If we can show we're still close, and signing a UFA (move Booth hopefully if he shows hes capable again)

3. Our d is signed for another 3-4 years

Really based on players like:

Kassian

Jensen

Horvat

Shinkaruk

If those kids come in, add some energy, excitement and some support to the Sedins I can't see why they wouldn't want to finish the race here.

We'll make the playoffs so they aren't going anywhere prior to the summer next year. And the type of guys they are, they aren't walking unless this team is imploding and has no chance at a cup.

My bet, we see them till they're 37. And I'm glad.

Then what better way to teach kids to be an awesome, hard working NHL'er, then thru the Twins (who are NHL stars) until they retire?!

Its the way they came up. Why not foster that culture and pass it on?

It would be major mistake if they left this team in any way.

Gillis can't trade the Sedins.

They've made sure they have total control in that process.

They have 1 year left & NTC's.

If Gillis tried to trade them they could just say no & leave on their own terms at the end of the season.

Think Sundins situation in TO X2.

They want to win the cup here.

They've already stated that after this contract expires they think they should sign a series of 1 year deals.

They've also already said they know they need to take a pay cut on their next contract.

So it's just going to depend on how things go.

Do they think the team still has a shot to win?

Will they want to continue playing under Torts?

Either way, they have total control of their own fates & are going to keep that control.

A series of 1 year deals, with NTC's, they'll leave only when they decide they want to.

Gillis can't trade the Sedins.

They've made sure they have total control in that process.

They have 1 year left & NTC's.

If Gillis tried to trade them they could just say no & leave on their own terms at the end of the season.

Think Sundins situation in TO X2.

They want to win the cup here.

They've already stated that after this contract expires they think they should sign a series of 1 year deals.

They've also already said they know they need to take a pay cut on their next contract.

So it's just going to depend on how things go.

Do they think the team still has a shot to win?

Will they want to continue playing under Torts?

Either way, they have total control of their own fates & are going to keep that control.

A series of 1 year deals, with NTC's, they'll leave only when they decide they want to.

Archived