The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins Future

Tangerines

Bravo!! Bravo!!!!

Gillis can't get a second line together in five years and the Twins/Burr gave up huge $$ to make the team a success.

2009-2010 Hank is awarded:

Hart

Art Ross

Sporting News Player of the Year

First team All Star

Cyclone Taylor

Molson Cup

Makes $6.1 million per year.

2009–10 season

The team salary cap is $56.8 million. No player can earn more than $11.36 million.

1. Vincent Lecavalier (Tampa Bay Lightning) $10 million

2. Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins) $9 million Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins) $9 million Alexander Ovechkin (Washington Capitals) $9 million

3. Chris Drury (New York Rangers) $8.05 million

i don't usually call out trolls, this has to be someone with no idea who these to players are to this team. the term franchise players does not do them enough credit. these two could have sunk this team if they had lou or keslers agent working for them. they have taken a pay cut here... respect that.

That was 2009-2010, it is now 2013-2014. There are dinosaur remains less fossilized than the Sedins. As a first line, they just don't get it done when it matters. If you are content with 70-75 points in the regular season and nothing in the playoffs, then they are the guys for you. Just don't plan on winning a cup anytime soon.

Trade them at the deadline for a first and two very good prospects (think Gaunce like). At the draft trade that first and the two prospects and draft Aaron Ekblad. In free agency sign the Sedins to a one year contract. Do the same thing as last trade deadline and the same thing at the draft and get Connor McDavid. Rinse and repeat. Have five elite studs. Bring them up all at the same time, on their ELCs, in 2019. Get the Sedins to sign for one year, minimum wage. Win the cup.

DONE AND DONE.

these guys have given so much to us fans, and have also given a lot to the community .. they have brought us trophies we never thought we would see .. I hope they retire Canucks .. We should respect the hell out of these guys .. Too many of you nucks fans are quick to forget how these boys changed the landscape of hockey in this city , and how good they are , and will be in the coming years ... they dont depend on speed or brute strength .. They are way smarter than the average bear .... or bruin even ...

The sundins are far to soft to win it all. look at them, every playoff they get pushed around. and there getting really old. I think we should ship them off for maximum return before they slow down massively, we could get a killing in return

In my opinion it would be disgraceful to trade the Sedins. Unless it's for an automatic Stanley Cup win, but that obviously won't happen. The Sedins are one of the best things to happen to this franchise, regardless of whether or not we've won a cup with them here. The Sedins have already made it pretty clear that they either want to play here, or they want to play in MoDo. Theoretically a GM can do whatever he feels like but in this case it would just be disrespectful to move them. I'm all for doing what's best for the franchise because I want that Stanley Cup just as bad as anyone out there, but I still think having the Sedins is what is best for the franchise. Even if they are getting older and even if their point totals are decreasing. The Sedins have done so much for this city and this franchise. You've got to respect and value that.

In my opinion it would be disgraceful to trade the Sedins. Unless it's for an automatic Stanley Cup win, but that obviously won't happen. The Sedins are one of the best things to happen to this franchise, regardless of whether or not we've won a cup with them here. The Sedins have already made it pretty clear that they either want to play here, or they want to play in MoDo. Theoretically a GM can do whatever he feels like but in this case it would just be disrespectful to move them. I'm all for doing what's best for the franchise because I want that Stanley Cup just as bad as anyone out there, but I still think having the Sedins is what is best for the franchise. Even if they are getting older and even if their point totals are decreasing. The Sedins have done so much for this city and this franchise. You've got to respect and value that.

There was a report a while back that they said that they would prefer to sign one year contracts until they retire. Imo if thats the case they could fetch 7+ mill each on the open market. If thats the case we can't afford them if we want to win. I would much rather sign them for 3 years @5 mill ish. At which time I would like to see a core like this.

Shink BoHo Kesler?

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Hansen Gaunce Kassian

_____ Lain ____

Edler? ______ (Bone Crusher)

Hamhuis Corrado

Garri Subban (give the kid a chance with a guy like garri)

Honorable mentions Burr, Higgi, Shredder, Cassels, Tanev(need more bone crusher),

Looking at that I'm not sure its good enough and I'm not sure that any of the honorable mentions make it better or could fetch what would put us over the top. It is possible that moving the Sedins is the best option but I hope it isn't

There was a report a while back that they said that they would prefer to sign one year contracts until they retire. Imo if thats the case they could fetch 7+ mill each on the open market. If thats the case we can't afford them if we want to win. I would much rather sign them for 3 years @5 mill ish. At which time I would like to see a core like this.

Shink BoHo Kesler?

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Hansen Gaunce Kassian

_____ Lain ____

Edler? ______ (Bone Crusher)

Hamhuis Corrado

Garri Subban (give the kid a chance with a guy like garri)

Honorable mentions Burr, Higgi, Shredder, Cassels, Tanev(need more bone crusher),

Looking at that I'm not sure its good enough and I'm not sure that any of the honorable mentions make it better or could fetch what would put us over the top. It is possible that moving the Sedins is the best option but I hope it isn't

Archived