The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dallas signs Valeri Nichushkin to ELC

Benn Seguin Nichushkin

Cole Horcoff Whitney

Fiddler Peverly _______

this actually looks decent .. especially that top line, scary as hell... I for one will be hoping for this kid to return to KHL soon so we won't feel as painful about not drafting him =)

Yea I think te whole Russian fleeing thing has been blown out of proportion for sure.

However 2 players I am very fond of are Benn an Seguin add in this years most exciting Russian prospect who we passed on,, it's going to be ery hard watching these kids mature an become all stars together.

I really hope Horvat impacts our club bigger than Valeri ever would.

How many Russians have really fled to the KHL in the past couple years? Radulov is the only big name I can think of. I think this whole idea or Russians not wanting to stay in the NHL is completely blown out of proportion.

I think Horvat is overall a better player and will benefit in the Canuck's system. Having that two-way center who will kill penalties, win key face-offs and hopefully score goals is invaluable come playoff time. Look at Pavelski with the Sharks. That is not to say this Russian will not be good, because I am sure he will, but the Canucks are pretty deep on the right wing and I think Horvat will be a key piece to the Canucks future. Plus, we were fortunate to draft Shinkuark and he's all offense so it's not like we're missing that from our players. Kassian is young and is essentially our future power forward, no need for this Russian.

Semin, Kovalchuk, and Ovechkin have all threatened to leave for the KHL in very recent years. Those are big named players as well. Hell, even Markov said he would rather play in the KHL before signing with 29 teams in the NHL. It was either MTL or KHL for him. Radulov is an obvious one. Sergei Kostitsyn and Andrei Kostitsyn both fled to the KHL. Nabakov fled to the KHL.

Not every russian is as classy as Datsyuk, Malkin or Bobrovsky

Datsyuk and Bobrovsky, yes.. but Malkin? I'm not sure if you can call him classy.. after openly stating that Penguins will not receive home-town discount to get his 8.7m AAV contract..... and then demanding a raise on top of his 8.7m contract to get 9.5m

since I don't know Nichushkin, I can't really say on what he will be like.. but I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the day he demands money or KHL after he establishes himself as a legit scoring threat (might be as soon as his ELC is up, then its cha-ching~ big pay day)

Semin, Kovalchuk, and Ovechkin have all threatened to leave for the KHL in very recent years. Those are big named players as well. Hell, even Markov said he would rather play in the KHL before signing with 29 teams in the NHL. It was either MTL or KHL for him. Radulov is an obvious one. Sergei Kostitsyn and Andrei Kostitsyn both fled to the KHL. Nabakov fled to the KHL.

Not every russian is as classy as Datsyuk or Bobrovsky

Archived