The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Vist - Recommended Restaurants

Monty

Coming to Vancouver in two weeks (been about 2 years since my wife and I were last there). So far we have a reservation at Cin Cin for dinner, but was also looking at what other restaurants people recommend for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

We are also thinking about Tojo's (anyone been?).

Cancel your reso's at CinCin it's a crap restaurant and the laughing stock of the group. If you want Italian goto LaQuercia, Campagnolo or Cibo. Other good restaurants Hawksworth, Blue Water Cafe, Maenam, Espana are all personal favourites.

I'm not joking about CinCin though...I guarantee the three italian restaurants I suggested will be much better. If you want to get ripped off you can even goto Cioppino's.

Good suggestions so far. I already cancelled my reso at Cin Cin before I even came back here. Part of the reason we wanted to go was because my wife and used to go quite a bit when we used to live in Vancouver (over 8 years ago). We are staying at the Met, so we're already going to Diva at the Met. Looked up Tojo's already, but not sure if I'm willing to pay $200+ for sushi. What we know for sure is that we want really good fish.

Hawksworth is on our list as well. Not Vij's though.

Diva is good but the chef has changed recently (not sure who it is now). If that's the type of dining you're lookin for you'll love hawksworth I'm sure. Campagnolo is definitely a good place to go without killing the wallet. Be sure to get some porkchetta from meat and bread for lunch too.

Italian and a relaxed atmosphere. Zefferelli's on Robson. My buddy is from Sicily and lived in Rome for 10 years. He thought the pasta was so good he asked the manager to come over and praised the food as some of the best he had outside of Italy.

If its a beautiful day hit Las Margaritas, one of the best patios in the city.

Want a different spot? Flying Beaver Bar & Grill. Good food, and you can watch the seaplanes take off from the South Airport.

Every time I go to Vancouver I pin it straight to japadog haha not exactly fine dining but those heavenly creations are a great snack if your wandering around down town.

Just don't get the shrimp one, its gross lol

Can anyone from the city answer this.. A couple years ago I think I was in the Tinseltown area and stopped at a pub or restaurant and had chipotle pulled pork poutine. Would really like to find that place again but can't remember what it's called. They deserve some kind of award for combining chipotle, pulled pork and poutine

Italian and a relaxed atmosphere. Zefferelli's on Robson. My buddy is from Sicily and lived in Rome for 10 years. He thought the pasta was so good he asked the manager to come over and praised the food as some of the best he had outside of Italy.

If its a beautiful day hit Las Margaritas, one of the best patios in the city.

Want a different spot? Flying Beaver Bar & Grill. Good food, and you can watch the seaplanes take off from the South Airport.

Archived