The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to trade Burrows?

мeтpо

NO!

Would you want to play against him? Would you want to see him smirking at our players in the opposition's jersey? We already let Lappy go, so Burrows is filling our "smirk that makes people lose their sh*t" role almost single-handedly now. (Though Bieksa has been known to chip in every now and then...)

Is it time to trade Burrows?

Burrows isn't getting any younger and he's making 4.5 mil just playing with the Sedins. I think he's a 3rd liner when he's not playing with the Sedins and I don't think he's worth 4.5 anymore.. He's almost as old as the Sedins and I think the Canucks could pick up a superior player in free agency with the space he gets (Morrow, Jagr etc)

Also, the Canucks would get a pretty good asset in return... whether they add and get a top 6 winger that the Canucks have always needed, or more picks and prospects to stock the cupboard.

2 years ago I wouldn't have even thought about it, but it makes a lot of sense now.

Kassian I think is ready to take his place with the Sedins and he just doesn't fit anymore with Booth still on the team.

What do you think about this?

At the moment, Kassian is nowhere near the player Burrows is. Alex skates better, passes better, scores more, reads the Sedins better, has more heart and has better vision. In fact, Burr is better in every aspect of the game than Zack. The Sedins don't play well with Kass either.

So no. Kass is not ready to take over on the 1st line with the Sedins.

Also...Burr could play on the 2nd line with Kes and be better than Kass in all ways.

Kass has yet to impress.

Archived