The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to trade Burrows?

мeтpо

We are still a contending team I don't know why everyone is still rushing into a rebuild we have most of the pieces in place to win a cup a few roles not quite filled but this team can win and we have a new coach who is going to light a fire under their asses why trade a guy who is a huge contributor when we aren't going to get what we need in return and even if we do we will just have another hole to fill. Burrows cap hit isn't that bad considering Clowe got 5M for scoring 3 goals so getting a replacement is just going to cost more because Kassian isn't ready to play 1st line minutes i'm not sure he is even ready to be on an NHL team personally i say send him to Utica. So why do we trade a guy who: plays 1st line minutes, kills penalties, scores 20-30 goals,gets 50 points, scores clutch goals and antagonises other players for some depth players and late round picks. So again trading burrows would be incredibly stupid unless we get a lot back for him which i doubt we will

I'm not sure I agree with much of what the OP had to say.

I think anytime is the right time to trade any player if it fills a hole without leaving a hole and makes the team better.

I disagree that Burrows is a 3rd liner without the Sedins. He's no first liner but I would say he's proven himself to be a top 6 player. He generates many of his own chances. If the guy was simply getting a bunch of pucks bounce off his ass or skate in front of the net I might agree but that's not really what has been happening.

I'm not sure I agree with much of what the OP had to say.

I think anytime is the right time to trade any player if it fills a hole without leaving a hole and makes the team better.

I disagree that Burrows is a 3rd liner without the Sedins. He's no first liner but I would say he's proven himself to be a top 6 player. He generates many of his own chances. If the guy was simply getting a bunch of pucks bounce off his ass or skate in front of the net I might agree but that's not really what has been happening.

And why would Burrows waive the NTC he just negotiated into this contract? The fact he just got the ntc would indicate he doesn't want to leave. Players don't waive their ntc because some random fan thinks he'd be a good trade piece. And I've never seen a player waive his ntc immediately after getting it. The same applies to Edler. Players typically need a reason to waive their ntc. Not happy in their situation. Not happy with management. Career in their twilight and want to go to a contender. Reasons.

So you could calls Burrows and Edlers clause a NGA.... Not Going Anywhere.

I agree but I also don't think that means Burrows is a first line player rather his play was an excellent compliment towards their play. I don't think a 3rd or 4th liner would be able to provide that and anybody that can remember the Nonis years will remember the revolving door of line mates they had. Pyatt, Bernier, Bertuzzi, Carter, Demitra, etc etc etc. Burrows is a good compliment of skill and style for them. Kassian had a bit of that last season as well and I would have liked to see that develop a bit more.

Wow! it's all about what have you done for me lately eh? He's been one of our best players over the last few season. He's scored some big and clutch contracts. He was underpaid in his last contract but now that he's making what he deserves, we should get rid of him?

Really? If you read the thread that's not what people think. He's a workhorse who does a number of things for us. He's huge in the work he does in front of the net. He's great at coming through with clutch goals. He does good work on the PK and just has no quit in him.

Wow! it's all about what have you done for me lately eh? He's been one of our best players over the last few season. He's scored some big and clutch contracts. He was underpaid in his last contract but now that he's making what he deserves, we should get rid of him?

Not a chance.

He's the heart and soul guy. We should be rewarding guys like this. His last contract was insanely low, compared to what teams like Detroit were willing to offer him. Retire a Canuck, Ring of Honour.

Knuckle Puck Heartbreak!

Kesler on the other hand....

Not a chance.

He's the heart and soul guy. We should be rewarding guys like this. His last contract was insanely low, compared to what teams like Detroit were willing to offer him. Retire a Canuck, Ring of Honour.

Knuckle Puck Heartbreak!

Kesler on the other hand....

Archived