The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 3 teams very interested in Jagr.

As per NHL.com

Jaromir Jagr's time with the Boston Bruins is over. That doesn't mean the 41-year-old is ready to hang up his skates.

"He definitely still wants to play, and there is some interest in him," Jagr's agent, Petr Svoboda, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I think it's going to take some time, but you never know for sure because there are three teams that are very interested."

Svoboda declined to tell the AP which teams are interested in signing Jagr, the leading scorer among active NHL players. However, the agent told TVA Sports there were discussions Friday with Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin and "the interest is mutual, but the decision is now up to the Canadiens."

Jagr, a five-time NHL scoring champion, returned to the League in 2011-12 with the Philadelphia Flyersafter three seasons in Russia. He signed a $4.55 million, one-year contract with the Dallas Stars In July 2012.

After Jagr had 14 goals and 26 points in 34 games for the Stars, Dallas dealt him to the Bruins near the NHL Trade Deadline. Jagr had nine points in 11 regular-season games for Boston and no goals and 10 assists in 22 Stanley Cup Playoff games. The Bruins opted not to re-sign him.

If only the Nucks were one of the teams. He could sign a 1mil contract with 3mil bonuses taht would carry on to next year.

Hope the Nucks are in on this. Jagr fits in with a 2M deal + bonuses.

Obviously not the same player he used to be, but would still be a great complement to the second line feeding Booth and Kes:

Booth - Kesler - Jagr

Also an option for the PP:

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr

Bieksa - Garrison

No Jagr is old, much slower. Right now he has good size, reach, some puck distribution. He is somewhat slow in decision making, not at all fast on his skates, his skillset has diminished and that is fact, he should not be on Vancouver's radar.

I have a feeling Edmonton could be involved.

I suggested in the Canucks not expected to be active in free agency thread that if the Canucks get Jagr he should be switched out with a guy like Jensen every few games to keep him fresh, so something like

Jagr: Plays 10 games, Jensen comes in

Jensen: Plays 6 games, Jagr comes back in

How does that sound?

No Jagr is old, much slower. Right now he has good size, reach, some puck distribution. He is somewhat slow in decision making, not at all fast on his skates, his skillset has diminished and that is fact, he should not be on Vancouver's radar.

I have a feeling Edmonton could be involved.

Archived