The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anderson Silva KO'D!

It's was only a matter of time before UFC turned into a mess like boxing, the very sport they mocked, and now with this debacle of fight that just screams 'rigged' they've become a joke as well.

Never saw the appeal of two sweaty dudes rolling around on the floor while other dudes looked on yelling 'mount him!'. Bonner vs. Griffin was epic though, but unless they eliminate grappling I will always prefer kickboxing and boxing to MMA.

I don't know if it was staged or not, but all that clowning and showboating would eventually catch up to someone, wouldn't you think?

Hard to say. I mean, I wouldn't put it past the UFC to pull a stunt like this to rake in the cash, who knows. At the same time, Silva's chin has never truly been tested, because the guy never gets hit. It's possible he just didn't dodge that left hook this time, and it caught him. Who knows.

There's no way that was a worked fight, watch Silva's arms after the KO, he tries to lock up the refs legs because he thinks the fight's still going on.

I've seen it dozens of times times after a knockout, the fighter blacks out and when he comes to, he grabs or tries to punch the nearest guy, which is usually the ref.

Silva had Griffin timed, frudtrated and proven not to be a real threat by the time he really started showboating though, and Griffin is not really talented or athletically gifted.

I don't know what possessed Silva to show off as he did against a fresh, dangerous opponent who was able to tag him?

Between that and his odd response afterwards, I'm suspicious.

Archived