The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Gillis to sign FA Damien Brunner

Brunner is a RW that played for Detriot last season and in 44 games got 26pts. He's 27 and made $1.350 last year. Gillis should offer this guy $1.6 to $1.8 a year for 3 years. Could easily play along side Kesler, or even get a shot to play with the twins.

Honestly and this may scare some here, but I think Vancouver is pretty much done adding forwards to the NHL club in free agency, be nice if I was wrong but:

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alexandre Burrows

David Booth - Ryan Kesler - Zack Kassian

Chris Higgins - Brad Richardson - Jannik Hansen

Brendan Gaunce - Mike Santorelli - Jordan Schroeder

Tom Sestito - Dale Weise

Just my opinion of course.

We've got enough forwards, the Canucks need some defencemen, because this is our starting 6 next season

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Corrado - Tanev

Weber

That's not much experience, especially on our bottom pairing. We know Tanev can play 20 minutes comfortably, but not Corrado. He shouldn't be expected to play more than 30 games next season, and if we get 2 injuries on defence (which is inevitable at some stage) we're in big trouble.

Get us a 1-2M depth veteran defenceman, not a top-6 forward.

We've got enough forwards, the Canucks need some defencemen, because this is our starting 6 next season

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Corrado - Tanev

Weber

That's not much experience, especially on our bottom pairing. We know Tanev can play 20 minutes comfortably, but not Corrado. He shouldn't be expected to play more than 30 games next season, and if we get 2 injuries on defence (which is inevitable at some stage) we're in big trouble.

Get us a 1-2M depth veteran defenceman, not a top-6 forward.

of course we should sign him, but i doubt we can fit him under the cap. Would be a great addition in that he has playoff experience and could easily slot into a few spots in our lineup. Would be the best FA that MG has picked up in a while. I like the signings this year, but Brunner gives that well maybe we've got something here attitude to the team. Raises expectations though... I wonder if torts likes his game or not?

brunner would be great to pick up... solid player for detroit, but then again anyone who plays in detroit ends up as a solid player... must be the system... no must be because of the coach.... no i know original 6 team that knows how to win....

Watching this guy last season, he reminded me a lot of 2009-10 Mikael Samuelsson. Showed great poise on the ice, speed was pretty good and has a great finish. If I am MG I would definitely sign this guy, he would be a great (and much-needed) addition to our top-6.

Archived