The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Prosposal] Rights to RFA C.Stewart

The Blues already have 15 forwards under contract next season (not including Langenbrunner if they give him another shot).

They currently have 7.8 million in cap space and still have to sign Pietrangelo. Numerous sources have stated the Blues do not want to spend to the cap/don't have the money (it's Missouri....).

It is not a secret the Canuck's still need another rugged top 6 winger.

6'2 230 RW Chris Stewart.

Stats: http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=80211

Guy clearly has the capabilities to be a 30 goal PF. And yes I know consistency has been an issue with his play once hitting the NHL.

With Sedin, Kesler, Santorelli, Richardson, Schroeder, Horvat (yes very unlikely this year), Lain, Friesen all at center in the organization it would make sense that we have enough assets at C to be able to sacrifice one.

Especially a C that is unfortunately undersized and not built for a playoff style game.

To Van:

Rights to RFA Stewart

To St.Louis:

Rights to RFA Schroeder

1st RD 2014

Sign Stewart for 3 years at 3.5 million AAV (previous deal was 1 year @ 3 million)

Sedin (6.1) - Sedin - (6.1) - Stewart (3.5)

Booth (4.25) - Kesler (5) - *Kassian (870K) *Kassian and Burrows interchangeable

Higgins (2.5) - Santorelli (550K) - *Burrows (4.5)

Sestito (750K) - Richardson (1.15) - Hansen (1.35)

Weise (600K)

Total: 37.22 million

Hamhuis (4.5) - Tanev (2)

Garrison (4.6) - Edler (5)

Bieksa (4.6) - Webber (650K)

Corrado (599K)

Total: 21.949444 million

Luongo (5.333333)

Lack (750K)

Total: 6.083333 million

TOTAL CAP HIT: 65.252777

Yes, about 952K over the cap. Other minor moves can be made.

I have been wanting Chris Stewart for 3 or 4 years now, think he would be awesome with the sedins, such a shame we dont have cap space to trade for and sign or just offer sheet, even before they signed lappy and Roy, I didnt think they would have room for his contract alex still hasnt resigned, and he is going to have a monster contract for sure

If they have extra forwards, St-Louis would probably need a d-men for Stewarts. And I don't like giving a 1st for Stewarts, not worth it.

Tanev for Stewarts straight up. But we'd have to move Booth first.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Richardson(Horvat/Gaunce)-Hansen

Stewarts doesn't fit top 6 with Kassian and Booth, on of them has to go. Hope we dont quit on Kassian yet.

I have been wanting Chris Stewart for 3 or 4 years now, think he would be awesome with the sedins, such a shame we dont have cap space to trade for and sign or just offer sheet, even before they signed lappy and Roy, I didnt think they would have room for his contract alex still hasnt resigned, and he is going to have a monster contract for sure

I think the only way we could sign Stewart to an offer sheet is if we dump Booth's contract. However...

Sedin - Sedin - Stewart

Schroeder - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Gaunce - Kassian

Richardson - Santorelli - Hansen

is one sexy forward group.

I think the only way we could sign Stewart to an offer sheet is if we dump Booth's contract. However...

Sedin - Sedin - Stewart

Schroeder - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Gaunce - Kassian

Richardson - Santorelli - Hansen

is one sexy forward group.

Archived