The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Question) re: Booth

GM PLACE ROCKS

I know Booth can't be bought out because of his injury status... But can he be put on conventional waivers? Or traded for a draft pick? Because I don't see a role for him on this team at all... Our younger guys or another ufa like a Jagr would be a better fit.

How is his injury progress, sure seems like a long time for an ankle injury? Or did the Canucks use the ankle as an excuse for the playoff stuff? Lower body/upper body jargon? We have yet seen what David Booth is capable of, hopefully he's had his quota of injuries for his career.

If he can stay healthy, hell even play 60+ games next year, he's well worth his salary.

Unfortunately, I doubt we could even trade him for a late round pick as due to his injury status/history and the fact that he doesn't have a diminishing contract (ala Horcoff) really offers little to no incentive for other teams to go after. And frankly, if he stay's healthy , we're better off retaining him. You're also not likely to get a better player for that money in free agency either.

How is his injury progress, sure seems like a long time for an ankle injury? Or did the Canucks use the ankle as an excuse for the playoff stuff? Lower body/upper body jargon? We have yet seen what David Booth is capable of, hopefully he's had his quota of injuries for his career.

He has a high ankle sprain, way worse than just a regular ankle sprain and hence why it's taken so long for him to heal.

Given the stupid contracts given out on Friday, Booth is a steal at $4.25 mil compared to Clarkson (still LOLing at that contract) provided he can play 60+ games.

He has a high ankle sprain, way worse than just a regular ankle sprain and hence why it's taken so long for him to heal.

Given the stupid contracts given out on Friday, Booth is a steal at $4.25 mil compared to Clarkson (still LOLing at that contract) provided he can play 60+ games.

Since we can't buy him out or trade him for anything significant the best option is to play him and see what he can do in a full season.. I hope he trains a lot more this off season and doesn't just hunt. A healthy booth might suprise people and get back to a 25 goal, 60 pt winger. That would be huge for the Canucks and honestly, has to happen for the Canucks to be succesful.. As someone else pointed out, 4.2 mil isn't that bad if he can stay healthy and contribute considering clowe and clarkson are gettin paid more.. Please booth, play to your potential this year. IMO he's one of the most important pieces going forward into next season

Archived