The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was letting Raymond walk a mistake?

мeтpо

I think you should just admit that whole "Raymond being Canadian doesn't want to play in the US" thing was just a poor assumption and understand that right now, he is not getting any decent offers from GMs or he would have already signed.

Beggars can't be choosers and Mayray AND his agent would be completely retarded if they cornered themselves to a Canadian only market when his demand is this low.

I don't understand why you keep trying to justify your poor assumption. Face it. It was a BAD assumption.

No. I do have real sympathy for the tough times Mason Raymond experienced with his horrendous back injury. He seems like a really genuine guy. He can dazzle opponents with speed, agility, and a hard shot. But, he often fails to convert chances. He has real problems staying upright on the ice. He is not a physical force.

In short, it is time for him to move on. Maybe another team can teach him the additional skills he requires to survive in the NHL, in which case this would be in his best interests too.

Any hockey player that makes it to the NHL has special talents and skills. Raymond is a solid 2-way player with tremendous speed. The Canucks have an abundance of 2/3 liners and do not have cap space. They have to include prospects on the team to be cap compliant this year.

There are a number of good UFAs still unsigned. I have no doubt Mace have a contract (2-2.5m) before the puck drops in September. I can see him doing very well in the Eastern Conference.

He is very undervalued here in Van and quite frankly, the people making derisive comments about him are idiots.

For his sake I hope he signs in Calgary. He always lights in up when we lay them. Its his hometown having family and friends watching him every game could be huge for his self confidence. Which in turn would ramp up his game.

I think so.

1: He was the fastest player on the Canucks

2: He was great in the locker room and community

3: I still felt he had untapped potential.

4: He was one of the better goal scorers on the Canucks. When he was on his game, he was unstoppable.

I think he made fair money for what he brought to the team and you could probably sign him right now even cheaper than what he made before... Why is he not being given another chance? Great value player as the Canucks are pretty tight up against the cap. He'll bring more than a lot of the guys getting overpaid in free agency.

I'd like to see Raymond back.

Thoughts?

mason raymond would be a great pick up but he will also have his best hockey yet to come..the guy has skill and if you let that go you will regret it..he is a softer player but he is smart and has natural talent you cant teach..i think canucks would be stupid to let him go now...these new prospects will not do much better ..its good to be big and tuff but you need a mason ray type of player...not saying this cause im a huge fan of him but he is worth keeping..

Archived