The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Return

In the Slot

Horvat isn't proven. Schnieder was, you won't convince me it was a good deal.

Are we fine with a goalie like Lou, absolutely. I think last year's playoffs showed the issue was not in the net for the Canucks. And my hope was well, if you're going to trade Schnieder, do something to address why we're losing in the playoffs.

ie get a young big center or a second line legitimate scorer AND a high draft pick

We only got the latter and that's because of MG's errors. It is what it is.

I love him, I hate him , I love him, I hate him, wait a second why am I talking about loving and hating a person I don't even know?? Hmm well I love him now cause we need him, but as soon as he lets a soft goal in i'll probably hate him... Or at least the media will tell me to hate him and I'll listen....................

Luongo is awesome at what he does. No matter how many times we bash his play chances are if you put another nhl goalie in the same place as him during the moments when he's human and makes a mistake they would probably make a mistake too. NOBODY is perfect, MG, Luo, Av, Torts, Edler, Ballard, Kassian, Raymond, The twins, Hansen is close (love that honey badger), you, me, but you get the picture. All of the events preceding this moment have led everyone, even us who only talk about crape we don't know up to now. All everyone can do is accept the cards they have been dealt, make the best of it and move on, or whine until somebody does something to help them because they can't help themselves. Speculation can be entertaining, but it is far away from useful, or productive.

Don't get me wrong I love hockey and the nucks lived in this city my whole life, flew home from England just to be back for the finals in 2011. I think we can all agree there are bigger fish to fry than who's playing goal next year. We could just enjoy our summers and learn something new, or go and volunteer for someone else's benefit. It will all work its self out in the end, and none of us can predict the future.

no way lu will walk away from millions. but why does anyone want lu to still play for the canucks. lu has breakdown issues and now with all this, do u think he will play his best for the canucks anymore. management completely damaged his ego and now they say they want him back. the same people says u r not good enough or we got someone better than u, now say we need u just cuz we traded away our number 1 goalie. how would u feel about that.

If I remember correctly I thought I heard Luongo say when it was announced Torts was going to be the new coach...

Lu's quote..."I'd play for free and sit on the bench just to hear Torts rant between periods..."

Now...if he did say this, I don't think Lu returning to the Canucks is that big a problem, add to that 40 million reasons to come back.

There is 0 chance Luongo doesn't report. He has a contract, and he has a starting job. Hopefully even the hater fans can appreciate the high road that Lu took through all of this. He brought his game to the playoffs and gave the Canucks every chance to win those two games. There is no way he should have lost the crease for game 3 but hopefully those days are numbered for a few years now. Edler & Bieksa have to play better D in front of Luongo, Lu will stop the puck.

If I remember correctly I thought I heard Luongo say when it was announced Torts was going to be the new coach...

Lu's quote..."I'd play for free and sit on the bench just to hear Torts rant between periods..."

Now...if he did say this, I don't think Lu returning to the Canucks is that big a problem, add to that 40 million reasons to come back.

If he don't report on day one of the season, the team will suspend him without salary, but he still be on our cap and we will own his right until we trade him, kinda what the Bruins have done with Tim Thomas, they trade his right to the NY Islanders, he does count against their cap, but they didn't had to pay him.

Sorry but this would be the worst thing could happen to us, we won't have any depth, by now we have 19 players under contract, we have a cap space of about 5m$, we still have to sign Tanev and Shroeder, after both of them sign a new contract with us, we'll have about what 1,5m$ 2m$ left in cap space and then you hope our #1 goalie stay home, so that way would have to find a new goalie without having additionnal cap space, when a player don't report, the team can suspend him without paying him, but he still count against the cap...

no way lu will walk away from millions. but why does anyone want lu to still play for the canucks. lu has breakdown issues and now with all this, do u think he will play his best for the canucks anymore. management completely damaged his ego and now they say they want him back. the same people says u r not good enough or we got someone better than u, now say we need u just cuz we traded away our number 1 goalie. how would u feel about that.

I don't care who is leading our team onto the ice on October. But if it's Luongo, I will cheer just a little bit more. Imagine if he doesn't report to camp and walks away from his contract. Bo Horvat will really feel the pressure. Basically it will be 2 elite goalies for Bo Horvat.

Regardless of what Luongo does. I will back his decision. He has earned my respect. I blame the finals loss all on our inability to score and AV's tactics.

Archived