The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks out on Blum, still chasing Fistric

Nonis' best offer to Fraser was 750,000 on a two way deal. Fraser then filed for arbitration in hopes of getting a fair deal. If you sent an offer sheet of 1.1 million for one/two years I doubt Nonis would be able to accept due to his cap troubles already (has to sign Kadri and I think Franson(might be a different D)).

I don't really know where he prices himself and where the Canucks price him for that matter but I'd say anywhere in the 1-1.5m on a 1-2 year deal should be accurate

Not surprised the Canucks are out on Blum because after the weber signing that kinda took his spot and with corrado on the cusp...disappointed, but not surprised

There is a reason why these two guys are free agents. They aren't that good. Blum looks to be about as useful as Gragnani was. Fistric isn't even close to an upgrade over Alberts.

Let other teams garbage rot in the pile.

While I agree that O'Byrne is a better player than Fistric, O'Byrne will be looking for a 2-3 million dollar contract whereas Fistric would cost 1 million or less I would think. The struggles of a salary capped world.

Archived