The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks out on Blum, still chasing Fistric

Garrison adjusted to the right side just fine by then end of the season. It will be:

Hamhuis, Bieksa

Edler, Garrison

Fistric?, Tanev....? *gulp* (sign already!)

Weber

All the ridiculous lineup proposals having Edler or Garrison on the 3rd pairing are :picard: Barring injuries or a major trade, our top 4 is set as is. The 3rd pair and spare(s) are the only things left to be settled.

Fistric seems like a decent player to have on the roster. He has push back, I think I would have rather had Alberts though if I'm honest.

I was impressed with Alberts last season.

Alberts was pretty good for us last season. He can play both sides equally well and has grown into a more reliable player overall. If he and Tanev were our 3rd pairing we would be just fine if you ask me. As a utility 7th defenceman he is about as good as can be expected. I can certainly understand why he would want to move on though to try to get more steady work.

I don't know much about Fistric but I thought I read somewhere that he is predominantly a right side guy.....or does he play both like Alberts does?

I'd be very surprised if Corrado made the team. There are very (very) few rookie defensemen that make the NHL in their first year. Players like Edler, Tanev, Bieksa, etc. all played one or more years in the AHL.

That wasn't much of a report. Is there a reason why we're out? Or is his agent demanding too much? Because I hate to say it, he's still unsigned. Maybe Blum should sign with a 1 year deal with Vancouver and have a good season, then next year wait for the good offers to roll in?

That wasn't much of a report. Is there a reason why we're out? Or is his agent demanding too much? Because I hate to say it, he's still unsigned. Maybe Blum should sign with a 1 year deal with Vancouver and have a good season, then next year wait for the good offers to roll in?

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the need for a physical LHD for the bottom pairing. Fistric would be used like Bickel for the NYR last season I guess.

Tortorella seems like he rides the top pairing more and gives the bottom pairing even less then Vigneault. ie last season Bickel - 16 games, 5:30 TOI/G. Compared to Alberts - 24 games, 15:10 TOI/G.

Paying Fistric or Alberts too much could hurt in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...

We have $4,347,222 remaining cap space with Schroeder and Weise signed. Tanev should get $1.5-$2 million and if we have enough room for Fistric/want to sign him he should get no more than $1.5 million.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Fistric - Tanev

Weber

Very solid defense. Fistric adds what Bieksa can do in terms of hitting but is much better at it.

We have $4,347,222 remaining cap space with Schroeder and Weise signed. Tanev should get $1.5-$2 million and if we have enough room for Fistric/want to sign him he should get no more than $1.5 million.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Fistric - Tanev

Weber

Very solid defense. Fistric adds what Bieksa can do in terms of hitting but is much better at it.

Archived