The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks out on Blum, still chasing Fistric

This has been one of the better offseasons that I can remember, 2 solid 1st round picks in what might be the deepest draft in NHL history, a few nice options for the bottom 6 and a medium sized boatload prospects in the pipeline. I can't remember the Canucks ever having 3 prospects at the junior camp either.

Getting swept sucks but it ain't the first time I've seen it.

This has been one of the better offseasons that I can remember, 2 solid 1st round picks in what might be the deepest draft in NHL history, a few nice options for the bottom 6 and a medium sized boatload prospects in the pipeline. I can't remember the Canucks ever having 3 prospects at the junior camp either.

Uhh, not quite.

Fistric is overrated on here because he can throw big hits. The guy couldn't even keep a spot in the Oilers lineup. And if he was so solid like people claim, he would have been signed long ago.

Alberts has only gotten better in his time here and is now pretty good in his own zone. He knows when to be physical and when to play it safe now. Plus he's already familiar with the team.

For the same price, Alberts>>Fistric.

Getting swept sucks but it ain't the first time I've seen it.

Our team is missing a dynamic scoring winger behind Danny, a play maker / puck possession player to anchor our depth scoring, a puck rushing D to spark our transition game (and life back into our PP) and a crease clearing big ugly bastard of a defender. I see only two of these 4 missing elements as possibly being filled by our improving prospect pool which you herald as a reason to get excited.

And that assumes any of them step up to the plate this year...

Archived