The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is anyone else worrying for Bo Horvat?

Kanucklehead10

I don't think it'll be an issue, and i only say that because playing in London preps players for this type of pressure. They are more involved and under the microscope than any other junior team in their city. Playing in front of 9000+ will help. When the Knights won the OHL championship this year, he was a hero of the city. When they lost in the Memorial Cup, the main difference is that fans didn't take it out on them.. which is something that Canucks fans would do.

You don't think every team don't realized the pressure of a young kid that's been taken in the first round?

Ok, How is the media any different in Montreal,N.Y or Toronto? Look back in Montreal's history on how much pressure they put on a 1 st round pick . Guy Lafluer, Doug Wichenheiser were prime examples. Except one took a three years to developed and the other never materialized to his expectation. Hey I remember Bob Gainey wasn't a popular pick either . Every draft pick is a crap shoot.

Why feel sorry for Horvat?We don't know the kid and his potential? We don't know how strong this kid is mentally. That's why you developed your players accordingly so they don't feel the pressure of carrying the team all the time .I don't know what you expect, but I believe your reading way into the media and fans when it comes to expectation from this kid. Its not like we expect this kid to jump in and make an immediate impact. Look it took the Sedins ,Schneider, Kesler some time to developed and they turned out ok.

little harsh dont you think? whats with the personal attack? usually when that happens the attacker doesnt have enough knowledge to back up an opinion or argument. so ill take that as a compliment and a win because I think you know deep down inside that this was a useless thread.

Schneider wasn't that important to me. He lost 4 out of 5 play off games while he was here. He was just another player. Once they are gone, I don't care anymore. I only care about the Canucks.

Bo knows hockey.

little harsh dont you think? whats with the personal attack? usually when that happens the attacker doesnt have enough knowledge to back up an opinion or argument. so ill take that as a compliment and a win because I think you know deep down inside that this was a useless thread.

Schneider was a very good goalie and a very popular player. But no-one is going to hold that against Horvat. I think this talk about extra pressure for Bo makes no sense. He will be assessed on his merits, just like anyone else.

The guy who will get blamed if Scheider turns out to be a star for the Devils and Horvat does not have much impact with the Canucks is Mike Gillis.

I feel bad for him, because if he doesn't reach expectations (1st line center), he'll get driven right out of this town ala Raymond. What's worse is that he will be expected to have a value equal to that of Schneider, which will be almost impossible.

Good luck kid.

Hopefully Horvat spends a couple of seasons in the AHL. The only way he gets hit with this sort of pressure you speak of is if he's rushed into the NHL before he's ready. The expectations are high right now, but let the situation simmer down and I don't see it being an issue.

What if Cory flops in NJ? Very, very possible.

Ps. Calling people names over the internet is the lowest of the low. Utterly pathetic.

Archived