The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is anyone else worrying for Bo Horvat?

Kanucklehead10

The English language weeps.

The only soap operas and drama in Vancouver are the ones perpetuated by fairweather fans such as yourself, and the media who recognizes you and your ilk.

We have some of the worst media figures here in Vancouver when it comes to media reporting. People call this a "goalie graveyard" or that the fans are "passionate" and "want a cup".

The reality is that the minority happens to be the most vocal, and therefore stand out from the crowd.

This wouldn't be so bad except for the propensity toward displaying bipolar tendencies, and the media acknowledging this by tailoring their sensationalizing "reporting" to said subset of the fan base.

It's because of fans like you who harbor these notions of drama that it even exists in the first place by buying into the crap that the media spews forth on an almost daily basis.

I'm not worried, the kid's going to be just fine.

MG didn't trade directly for him. In essence we got the 9th overall pick for Schneider. Because of that, I don't think he will have to carry that weight and pressure.

That's what makes this different than the Kassian/Hodgson situation as they were traded straight across.

I feel bad for him, because if he doesn't reach expectations (1st line center), he'll get driven right out of this town ala Raymond. What's worse is that he will be expected to have a value equal to that of Schneider, which will be almost impossible.

Good luck kid.

Guest Pinchin

I pity the guy; I don't think he quite understands the chaos and soap operas that's go on here on the west coast since he's an eastern country boy, as well as how important of a figure Cory Schneider was to our fan base and organization. To be under the microscope is one thing, but in Vancouver, it's a whole other level. I know he is a future star and will have a great career ahead of him but if it takes a while for him to reach his potential, say, a couple years (which I think it will take), I think the fans and media will start to question this player and bring negative attention towards him, making him experience too much pressure at a tender age and effect him personally. There are players that thrive under big trades and players that crumble, I just hope he does well here and is able to deal with the problems he will face especially in the next couple of years.

The English language weeps.

The only soap operas and drama in Vancouver are the ones perpetuated by fairweather fans such as yourself, and the media who recognizes you and your ilk.

We have some of the worst media figures here in Vancouver when it comes to media reporting. People call this a "goalie graveyard" or that the fans are "passionate" and "want a cup".

The reality is that the minority happens to be the most vocal, and therefore stand out from the crowd.

This wouldn't be so bad except for the propensity toward displaying bipolar tendencies, and the media acknowledging this by tailoring their sensationalizing "reporting" to said subset of the fan base.

It's because of fans like you who harbor these notions of drama that it even exists in the first place by buying into the crap that the media spews forth on an almost daily basis.

I'm not worried, the kid's going to be just fine.

Definitely a tough market to get your start in. Hopefully his time with the Knights will help the pressure of this fishbowl. Not sure how comparable it is though. I know I'm not going to get all over him when he makes mistakes early on(they WILL happen). Can't say that for a lot of this market...a la Kassian.

I pity the guy; I don't think he quite understands the chaos and soap operas that's go on here on the west coast since he's an eastern country boy, as well as how important of a figure Cory Schneider was to our fan base and organization. To be under the microscope is one thing, but in Vancouver, it's a whole other level. I know he is a future star and will have a great career ahead of him but if it takes a while for him to reach his potential, say, a couple years (which I think it will take), I think the fans and media will start to question this player and bring negative attention towards him, making him experience too much pressure at a tender age and effect him personally. There are players that thrive under big trades and players that crumble, I just hope he does well here and is able to deal with the problems he will face especially in the next couple of years.

It takes a very, very basic level of critical thinking to understand that Horvat had absolutely nothing to do with this trade's orchestration. He was a product of it, he had no actual say in it going down. If fans turn against the individual because they were part of a trade they had no say on, then those fans are seriously idiotic

There is no pressure on him that isn't on every other player that was selected in the top 10. They are expected to perform because they are high draft picks, not because he is a centerman who is supposed to replace a goalie.

It takes a very, very basic level of critical thinking to understand that Horvat had absolutely nothing to do with this trade's orchestration. He was a product of it, he had no actual say in it going down. If fans turn against the individual because they were part of a trade they had no say on, then those fans are seriously idiotic

There is no pressure on him that isn't on every other player that was selected in the top 10. They are expected to perform because they are high draft picks, not because he is a centerman who is supposed to replace a goalie.

Either you do not understand English or you are a complete idiot. You missed the whole idea of this topic. At what point did I say that I feel sorry for him being drafted in the NHL? I was stating how I am worried about how the pressure carried onto this lad might effect his development. Who are you to judge my thread anyways? Calling my thread stupid when you didn't even understand it? Pft. Shut up.

Sestito can get 30 page threads on CDC, I understand that Horvat will be analyzed to death too. I just hope he is built up or broken down based on his own play, NOT based on how well Schneider is doing in New Jersey. Let his drive, talent, commitment speak for itself.

Ok, great but I do not live in Vancouver so I don't know what it's actually like with the fans there; you see, outside of B.C most people actually do believe that it's a soap opera that goes on each year in that players in Vancouver are easy judged for every single small mistake. What you said was correct in that we shouldn't buy into the media and all of the useless drama they create, I'm sorry for that. I'm not sorry for voicing my opinion and I guess it offended you so much to make you pop a blood vessel or something. LOL calling me out as a "fair weather fan", stop being so butt hurt; it's funny how you know nothing about me as a fan and judge me on one thread that states my opinion on whether Horvat might crumble or strive being known as "the guy we traded Schneider for". You're one to talk. A great representative of Vancouver fans...is everybody else in Vancouver so easy angered and as harsh as you are?

Archived